Caffeine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
    I drink it, not because I need coffee, but I enjoy the taste, and smell.
    Me too.

A few years ago I switched to decaff because I was worried about what caffeine was doing to me. I still enjoyed a cup of regular coffee on occasion but not often. It certainly tastes better than decaff, which made it a real treat.

I've recently switched back to caffeinated coffee. I do feel a little different and I'm in the process of adjusting my sleep- which is not that much of a problem, but shoot... for the cost (about half the price of decaff) and the taste (1000x better than decaff), I'm willing to make some sacrifices.

Besides, I don't really believe caffeinated coffee is really "bad" for you. Some people handle it differently than others, so I suppose it's a highly personal thing. It may be really bad for some. Others may do better with it.

For me, I just really like it. I "need" it every morning psychologically because it's... well, it's part of my morning. It's not a need for caffeine, without which I'd die. A good cup of (usually black) coffee is my favorite breakfast. The smell, the taste. It's warm and comforting, and strong.

Edit: It's like enjoying wine for me too. Different flavors and roasts, various brands and brew types. I absolutely LOVE coffee from a French press, and my local coffee house has some AMAZING organics.
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 09-26-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Cori, awesome post.

This Saturday will mark a month without coffee for me (as well as yerba mate and cacao). I wasn't really "addicted" -- I had a bad headache for one day, and then it was over. When I first started drinking coffee around two years ago, an 8 ounce cup could keep me energized for nearly 24 hours. It was an awesome feeling. Whenever I decide to reincorporate coffee into my diet, I'm going to keep it at no more than one cup per week. A cup a day just doesn't work well for me.

Comment

Oh goodness.. the love and hate affair with coffee! I know I am sensitive to it, but yes, I am addicted. I've given up heaps of times over the years, getting bad withdrawal headaches. Then I feel tired and floppy for a few dayss. BUT, as I'm on blood pressure med after having a baby I found that with blood pressure meds keeping vessels dilated.. no caffiene with drawal headaches!!!

I know I should not be drinking coffee because it does increase blood pressure...but it tastes so good...its the hit. Bad bad coffee......

Comment

I gave it up for a while, felt slightly better initially, but then didn't really notice the results people were claiming. I started feeling much like I was ON the caffeine again after 30 days or so. it was only initially that I felt better.

So I introduced it back in. I actually think that the benefits I've been seeing from the antioxidants in tea have been extrodinary. Maybe not life-changing, but enough to justify any slight negatives from the caffeine.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

i had my caffeine addiction to TEA! At most I'd have 3 cups per day...REusing tea bags. Some people are just more sensitive to stimulants, etc and I'm "some people!"
            Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
            http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

I was definitely born into the wrong timeframe. And only by a decade or so. Drugs... gone. Cigarettes... gone. Alcohol... almost gone. Sex with strangers... gone.

Coffee? Still here. And I hope they put my ashes in my little stove top espresso maker.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                I was definitely born into the wrong timeframe. And only by a decade or so. Drugs... gone. Cigarettes... gone. Alcohol... almost gone. Sex with strangers... gone.

Coffee? Still here. And I hope they put my ashes in my little stove top espresso maker.
                +1

Comment

Working...
                X