No announcement yet.

Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fired up, too. Yesterday, day 2, I was ready. It was gorgeous in the sweet sunny south so I stayed outside for the most part.
    Just had an apple and about 10 walnut halves for bkfast, after coffee and cream.

Grilled an entire outdoor oven fullll of delish meats, chickens, hamburgers, ribs, nothing ever smelled as good, dogs were going nuts. Ate chicken salad stuffed in a gorgeous tomato with loads of arugula and green tea for lunch. Hamburger patty and a few ribs for supper with sautéed spinach, squash and onions and cukes with some of my first yellow cherry tomatoes of the season. Had a few strawberries with cream around 7pm.

Swam a lot, treadmill for 4 miles, 2 in the morning, 2 at 8pm, gardened enough to get a damn tick on me, grosssss, then felt like they were crawling all over me, hot tub til I felt like they were gone. (to love nature as much as I do, I have a problem w/pests on me, phobia DH says.)

Great day, tho. Bacon and eggs this morning, having chicken & spinach (I eat 2 lbs org baby spinach a wk) for lunch and BA salad w/ribs for supper. We're hiking this afternoon, probably bike riding with my niece before dark.

Catch that moon tonite, absolutely gorgeous!!

Comment

• I went to a 'do' today, sat near the food tent with veggie burgers (smell of fried onions!), lots of cakes, drinks etc i was very good and ate my salad and drank water. I was most tempted by a diet coke but decided it wasn't worth it

Hulahoop 1 Temptation 0

Comment

• Day 2 went well, skipped breakfest. Lunch and diner were the same, both a BAS with romain, Avocado, homemade salsa, sprouts, nitrate free roast beef and 2 hard boiled eggs each. It was so good and I wasn't in the mood to cook. Might have to cut down on the Avocado though because I think 2 in a day may be to much but they are so freaken good!!!

Exercise was taking the kiddos to a city wide garage sale in a small town near mine and walking for about 2 hours till the kids were begging to just go home. Tired them out nicely.

Comment

• So I have been studying endlessly for the past few weeks for my big CFA exam which meant my normal good eating habits went out the window. After finished the test yesterday I went out for a night of pretty heavy drinking with my friends who also took the test -- woke up feeling bloated, gross, and really out of shape. I'm starting a Whole 30 today.

Here we go...
          It is always too early to quit.
          Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
          http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Comment

• Ok! I'm totally in! This is just what I need to get my butt in gear. It's going to be quite the challenge since I just moved back in with my CW parents. Husband is on an 8 month tour in Afghanistan so this will help pass some more time!!!

Let's go!!!!

Comment

• Headache!! I've been no-carb for a few days now and have a dull but persistent ache. Other than that, I feel pretty good and not too hungry. But it's so hard to get work done and I'm on deadline! Tempted to medicate with caffeine . . . but I gave that up 3 mos ago.

Made an awesome lunch today -- yellow onion and bokchoy sauteed in coconut oil. Added some Indian curry paste and ground beef. When it was all cooked, poured coconut cream over it all. Yum.

Breakfast was a smoothie with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, huge handful of spinach, protein powder and enough coconut juice to make it drinkable.

I'm doing this on my own, while my kids and husband eat healthy, but the usual spectrum. I'd love some cheerleading! Anyone?

Comment

• To everyone who's Whole 30ing this month - YOU ROCK! **waves pom poms**

And hey, I found that this is actually pretty tasty: Applegate Farm's Super Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dog. My family had the standard dogs (Hebrew National), and I had two of the Applegate Farms dogs, with sauerkraut and spicy mustard. Very yummy! Here are the ingredients: Beef, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Spices [Black Pepper, Coriander, Mace, Nutmeg], Nutmeg Oil, Celery Powder.

Yeah, it's processed, but very minimally processed -- and I know what all of the ingredients are. Good enough for me!
                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by Gingerhawk View Post
                  Headache!! I've been no-carb for a few days now and have a dull but persistent ache.
                  Gingerhawk, do you mean no-grain? Because you're totally allowed to have carbs on Whole 30: all the veggies you want, and fruits! Yay, fruits! (Loving Husband laughed when I told him how sweet a gala apple was. And it was!)
                  F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• I have been so good. I am proud of myself!

Today:

Meal 1:
                    2 eggs fried in bacon grease
                    2 servings nitrate/nitrite free uncured bacon

Meal 2:
                    1 pkg nitrate/nitrite free turkey breast slices
                    handful of cherries

Meal 3:
                    2 chicken legs grilled with bbq (ok, the bbq breaks the rules, but I haven't found a primal version I like yet)
                    asparagus spears grilled with olive oil and sea salt
                    sweet potato fries baked with coconut oil and cinnamon

Drinks: lots and lots and lots of iced tea. I haven't drank milk in probably 3 weeks but today I have been craving it pretty good. Been behaved and haven't drank any.

Movement: went fishing with my son and husband, went grocery shopping, walked around with a bottle of weed killer and killed a bunch of weeds, planted some seeds. Oh, and coughed up a lung or two. All in all, a good day.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• no-grain

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                      Gingerhawk, do you mean no-grain? Because you're totally allowed to have carbs on Whole 30: all the veggies you want, and fruits! Yay, fruits! (Loving Husband laughed when I told him how sweet a gala apple was. And it was!)
                      Yes, thanks. No-grain. I'm also eating an apple right now and OH, it is delicious.

I've been gluten free for years, and decided to go Paleo on Memorial Day. Then I saw the Whole30 and thought that would be a good challenge. I didn't think cutting out grains would be so drastic since I was already gluten-free. But my head aches!

Comment

• Day 3 has gone great, even though I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night due to my dd deciding to wake upt at midnight and stay up to 5:30. I was very surprised at my energy level. So here goes
                        Breakfest
                        3 fried eggs fried in bacon grease

Skipped lunch

Snack
                        Small Cameo apple

Diner
                        Chicken thigh with sauteed Cabbage (sauteed in bacon grease)

Thinking after the kiddos go to bed I will have a salad with some of the leftover chicken, romain, avocado, salsa and sprouts.

Movement
                        Cleaning like a crazy lady as my husband would say. Vaccumed, swept, moped, washed one of my couches with the carpet cleaner, dishes, toy round up. Also pushed huge carts around lowes and home depot looking for an all natural aphid killer.
                        Plus note, Aphids are now dead and I don't have to worry about my kids getting cancer from what I used.

I am so glad that I am logging on and posting because it is really helping me stay accountable. Thanks Everyone and keep up the awsome work.

Comment

• hello there, just scanning the MDA new posts and didn't read this one from the start (so sorry if this has been said already). have you checked the whole30 forum at the whole9 site? (Whole9)

i did my first whole30 with the support of an MDA thread (so can attest that it can be great). but overall (taking the forum as a whole, not with regards to individual threads), i'd say the whole9/30 forum is a way friendlier place--even though i continue to value Mark S's regular posts greatly. anyway, worth checking out. it's an Entire Forum dedicate to w30, after all. cheers, dana

Comment

• I'm in, been eating like crap this past week. Need this to get my ass back in gear!

Comment

• Just realised i'm pretty much in. Been on GAPS diet, which is pretty much Whole 30. I think my body has acclimatised and is running on whatever i feed it. Just to confirm we can have fruits and squashes right? Pumpkin, zuchinni, squash, rutabaga etc?

Although i have eggs daily....dame i really don't know how i'll manage without those. Thing is i think i tolerate them well so i wonder if its the one variable i can leave in.

Comment

• Originally posted by zizou View Post
                                Just realised i'm pretty much in. Been on GAPS diet, which is pretty much Whole 30. I think my body has acclimatised and is running on whatever i feed it. Just to confirm we can have fruits and squashes right? Pumpkin, zuchinni, squash, rutabaga etc?

Although i have eggs daily....dame i really don't know how i'll manage without those. Thing is i think i tolerate them well so i wonder if its the one variable i can leave in.
                                eggs are w30 ok (as are the other things you mentioned).

Comment

Working...
                                X