Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm in. My only problem (presently) will be butter. I can't seem to get my hands on clarified butter or ghee.

I'll have my white potatoes tonight as planned but starting tomorrow... it's on. I've gotten a bit off track recently and need to reel it in a bit.

I can't find ghee, either. Alas!

(And I had chocolate today. Milk chocolate.)
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      I can't find ghee, either. Alas!

(And I had chocolate today. Milk chocolate.)
      Just did a search... it seems we can make our own clarified butter and I fully intend to try!!

How to Make Clarified Butter | David Lebovitz
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

I don't think I can give up the greek yogurt .. otherwise I'd join lol
        well then

Comment

Ok...I'm in!!! Going shopping later today..Feeling a bit nervous but completely determined!!

Comment

I order grass fed ghee from amazon, real good.

Comment

I just made up a batch using organic butter from Trader Joe's. Has anyone else noticed that the higher quality the butter the greater quantity of ghee in the end? Now to make up a batch of mayo.

Comment

Iamdefinitelyin!Ifeeltheneedtogetbackontrack,andge tthings(me)movingagain.

Also,Iapologizeforthelackofspaces.Myspacebariscurr entlyonthefritz...

Comment

I am currently enjoying my last alcoholic beverage. I make a mean cosmo with freshly squeezed juices. I don't make the vodka though, that is courtesy of Tito's. Oh, how I will miss thee. I think I ate more like 50/50 today in anticipation of the next 30 days, but that is okay!

Comment

Me!!

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                    I'll be doing a Whole 30 in June. Anyone interested in joining me?
                    Im starting tomorrow , first timer and very nervous that I wont make it ...Im afraid Ill be starving lol and my family likes carbs..dont know how Ill cook for them and eat something else. Anyway Ill be glad to have some one else to chat with going through the same things....what are your reasons for doing it? Mine are autoimmune issues, vitiligo and psoriasis.
                    Amy

Comment

I would like to join you. Do i need to buy the book to start?

Comment

Ghee is super easy to make. Just google it. I have to use it with my two boys - it is yummy too. We also buy grass fed beef lard and let me tell you it is delicious and great to cook with.

I am in. I have pretty much been eating the whole 30 way for a couple of months trying to get rid of kiddos health problems. I have a concert and a beach trip so it would be nice to know ahead of time that I am skipping the wine!
                        Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Comment

I'm trying it for June my birthday is june 3rd though so that's gonna be hard
                          well then

Comment

So, I just finished Day 32 of my last Whole30 and plan to roll right into this next one, but with a few minor exceptions that I've listed elsewhere in this thread. I currently weigh 147.5, down 9.5 lbs from my starting weight last month. However, I was exceptionally bloated that day, so my real weight loss for the month of Whole30 was about 7 lbs. Still, not shabby, especially given that I don't have that much to lose. Goal weight is 135 lbs. I'm 5'6".

I'm starting to count over again as of today. Day 1.

Comment

And we're off! Welcome to the June 2012 Whole 30!!! **throws confetti** I just kicked it off with a 50-minute walk around the neighborhood, and now I'm enjoying a cup of black, unsweetened coffee.

Here's to a terrific month! May we all achieve our goals!

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Originally posted by marthat View Post
                                So, I just finished Day 32 of my last Whole30 and plan to roll right into this next one, but with a few minor exceptions that I've listed elsewhere in this thread. I currently weigh 147.5, down 9.5 lbs from my starting weight last month. However, I was exceptionally bloated that day, so my real weight loss for the month of Whole30 was about 7 lbs. Still, not shabby, especially given that I don't have that much to lose. Goal weight is 135 lbs. I'm 5'6".

I'm starting to count over again as of today. Day 1.
                                Welcome back, marthat! Congrats on the successful May Whole 30!!! I hope that June is just as positive for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X