No announcement yet.

Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, so far so good. I have just finished 18 days straight with no added sugar and no alcohol. I even passed up the opportunity to drink the last of the maple syrup when I was combining two bottles. I have also not missed a workout in 6 weeks. I'm pretty proud of that especially given that I was having to work around a busted ankle for part of that. I'm running a chin-up challenge for myself this month, and I am proud to report that I just hit 300/500. I think I'm actually going to make it to 500 by the end of the month. I love the suggestion about seltzer water and lime. I play on an ultimate Frisbee team, and I always feel a bit conspicuous when we go out afterwards for drinks/food. Great job everyone.

Comment

• Day 18 was great.

B:
      pork chop
      cauliflower

D:
      baked chicken breast
      green beans with ghee

S:
      mixed fruit (pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas)

Today has been good foodwise as well. I went to the chiropractor today b/c I thought I had dislocated a rib by coughing yesterday. I coughed while on my walk and felt a pop and since the pain wasn't severe, figured I had dislocated it. Chiropractor tried to adjust things and said it's not dislocated. She then did a bunch of muscular work but that's didn't relieve the pain either. She also kinesiotaped the area and that didn't help either, so her final diagnosis is a cracked rip. Upon further google searching and WebMD reading, a cracked rib is a broken rib. Nothing anyone can do about it. Except I still have this damn cough so unless that goes away, the rib won't have a chance to heal. She told me to bend over and apply pressure with my hand to the area when I cough to stabilize/immobilize it. That was what I was doing already b/c it helped with pain.

Right now, back and intercostal muscles are in full spasm mode so breathing hurts terribly. Took 1,000 mg of ibuprofen in hopes that it'll relax things a bit. WebMD says that a cracked rib could take 1-2 months to heal. Lovely. I wonder how long it'll take if you're still effing coughing all the time.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• 19 days without chocolate! but i still want it.

Comment

• Jenn, good grief, girl.. That sounds painful. I sure hope you find relief soon. Would heat help at all? I love our hot tub and have actually had to have help getting in because of pulled muscle, hurt lower back, sciatica down my leg or whatever kind of pain. 12-15 minutes later and I would be so much better, not 100 percent, of course, but much improved. Moist heating pads are wonderful, too.

Ate exactly as I reported I would yesterday, and today have had: pork chop and egg for bkfast with side of sautéed spinach. Lunch was a salad from chick fil a with grilled chicken, ranch dressing and unsweetened tea, tonite a small roast in crock pot right now, will have small sw pot, broc & squash w/onions with roast, yummy!!!

Comment

• 19 days!!! Just finished the new whole30 book [I]It starts with food[I] completely loved it. I really recommend it to anybody taking this journey. They've got some awesome recipes in the back, super easy and they look tasty. It also has awesome info on reintegrating certain food groups and testing your body.... I'm really nervous about this part! Unsure if I'm even going to partake in the reintegration!

I've been feeling amazing lately. Eating 100% whole30. Currently have my period. No issues at all. I've never had issues, so this isnt surprising. I'm constantly in a good mood, energetic, and sleeping like a baby!!! I feel like a small beast at the gym. Haha. I predominantly do Crossfit workouts and I've never felt better.

How is everyone else feeling with their workouts? More energy? More stamina?

Comment

• 19 days without chocolate! but i still want it.
              I'm right there with you!!!!

Comment

• Day 19: B: Bulletproof coffee. a.m. black coffee. L: leftover pork chop, sliced and dipped into garlic mayo, radishes, a few leftover brussel sprouts, strawberries, tea. S: Thick-cut beef liver, pan-fried in bacon fat. Vegetable mix of cabbage, onion, cauliflower, and celery, also sauteed in bacon fat. The liver slabs were so big that both my son and I couldn't finish them, so I have leftovers for tomorrow. I'll slice them into thin fingers and dip them in garlic mayo too. I'm finding that it is a delicious way to eat leftover meats. Gotta love this way of eating!!

Weight back down this morning.

Comment

• duck fat - i love duck fat. sauteed onions and mushrooms in it and added ground beef. yummy!
                  decided not to weigh myself until the last day.

Comment

• Ouch -- feel better, Jenn! Does anything soothe your cough? Maybe go a smidge off Whole 30 and have some tea with honey?
                    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• By the way, I made the grilled eggs with chorizo that Mark had as a recipe the other week. Very, very yummy, and highly recommended!
                      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Day 19 is over and I've done great.

B:
                        1/2 half Iowa Chop
                        steamed cauliflower with ghee
                        steamed green beans with ghee

S: some almonds

D:
                        pork loins grilled
                        fruit salad (bananas, strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, cinnamon)

Jackie, in the beginning of the Whole30 this cough was a week old. It was bad so I was using honey occasionally to soothe my throat and relax the cough. Dr. thought it was allergies, so I used local clover honey. Then learned it would take a year for that to work, so I stopped using it and just used it when I needed to to ease my throat (at first a lot of the cough was caused by a burning throat). Still coughing today. It hurts to cough. Taking benedryl, sudafed, mucinex, and a prescription antibiotic for it. Now taking Toredol for the rib and ibuprofen for any inflammation. I'm really tired of it.

Weight this morning was 197. I have lost a total of 9 lbs on the Whole30 so far. That's a 1/2 lb a day. Love it.

Comment

• Glad to have you on board.

Comment

• Jenn, great weight loss! And cracking through 200 lbs must feel awesome. Given the level of stress and inflammation in your body, your real weight loss could be even more. I noticed an effect on my weight when I fell and hurt my tailbone, plus pulled a muscle in my upper back, in Feb. I inflamed my whole back and ribs and I seemed to retain fluid.

Sending healing thoughts your way....

Comment

• Originally posted by littledoe
                              Choose tomato or vegetable based sauces as alternatives to those high in butter and oil or cream, especially with rice and pasta dishes.

leather furniture Miami
                              rice and pasta??? we don't eat no rice and pasta!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                                rice and pasta??? we don't eat no rice and pasta!!!
                                I think LittleDoe is a spammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X