Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post
    This may/may not be related, but I have found that libido has skyrocketed on the whole 30 - seriously I have never felt so horny I wonder if it is a normalisation of hormones? Giving up the milk seems to be sorting my skin and I know milk is chock full of hormones maybe they have been masking your bodies true levels?
    Hmm. Could be! Maybe I need another Whole 30 to see if it gets all sorted out. Hmm. Whole 30 part deux -- which would allow red wine once in a while?
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Day 14!!!

B - Black coffee; 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/onions and garlic; 3 strips of uncured bacon; water

Out to eat! Meeting w/my boss at a coffee shop: Coffee w/shot of vanilla (ugh!!! I thought it would just be flavored coffee! My bad. And way too sweet!)

L - Out to eat! Salad of lettuce, cucumber, grape tomato, freshly ground black pepper, and 3 jumbo grilled shrimp; mucho water. Easy enough to pass on the bread basket, and staying paleo for lunch was a snap -- salads are our friends! (Plus the shrimp was warm, which was nice.)

small apple w/almond butter; handful of macadamias

D - 2/3 can of wild planet albacore tuna w/homemade mayo (last of the batch), spicy brown mustard, celery, onion, carrot, dill and black pepper; water; spring mix of lettuces

dessert - strawberries and banana w/CM; water; macadamias

WOD - 30 min stationary bike (moving slowly); TKD class

Vitamins - 2 omega 3s, 1 D3, 3 magnesium/calcium combo

Much better today overall, but cramps still lingered. Had a headache on and off today; resorted to Advil before TKD class. Maybe I need more water throughout the day.

Separately, I'm dying to make the grilled eggs and chorizo recipe that Mark posted on Saturday. Where the heck can I get the dried chilies??? Does anyone know? My supermarkets don't seem to have them.
      Last edited by dragonjax; 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• Look at that: spam, apparently, is primal.

Comment

• Day 14
          B-3 eggs & bacon
          S-2 small banana's with cinnamon & carrot sticks
          D-Laulau & Green apple

Mood = blah....just one of those days
          WOD- just washing and polishing my car...took the kids to the pool but didn't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            Apparently you have created a flood of women going to that site b/c according to my computer the site is too busy for me to view... lol
            I wonder if she will notice the bump in traffic?

Comment

• Today's the halfway point!!! How's everyone doing?

Mood-wise, I'm better. TOM cramping has passed (huzzah!). My energy is still dicey, but that could be to poor sleep, and yesterday I was hit with headaches -- which could be part of the low-carb flu, I suppose. I'm down two pounds and a half inch on both my waist and hips. (Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to measure/weigh. Shhh.) Considering that I'm doing this to get used to eating paleo (and primal) and not yet for the goal of losing weight, I'm pretty happy about this. I'm pretty sure once I rein in my fruits and nuts, I'll get back down to a more comfortable weight. (I want to lose 11 pounds. They are very difficult pounds to lose. I think they're co-dependent!)

Realistically, I won't sleep well until my almost 19-year-old cat is no longer with us. She gets very loud starting around 5. Whenever I keep her in my home office overnight (with her litterbox, food and water, and the chair that she sleeps on), she destroys it. Pees all over, craps outside of the box. It's tough. I love my cat, but man, I will sleep like a saint when she has moved on.

Comment

• Day 14: B - 2 small slices bacon and 2 large eggs, sauted spinach, coffee with CM. L: BAS with avocado and leftover baked fish. Tea, fresh strawberries, 2 apricots. S: Ground beef stir-fry hash with zucchini, cauliflower, red pepper, cabbage. Greek salad, minus the feta. Eve: tea and 2 slices German salami. Great day, hit a new low weight - 144.0 lbs. And weight has remained at 144.0 this morning, too. I am still hoping to be into the 130's by my birthday in 2 1/2 weeks - that has been my long-range goal. I plan to stay with pretty much 100% Whole30 until Canada Day.

I'm off to my first day of looking after the neighbour's chickens, who are communal chickens. Three households sharing the care (and the eggs) from our little flock of 14 girls. They will start laying about August, apparently. Can't wait!

Comment

• I am almost out of my raw macadamias. I think this is a sign from Up On High. Once I'm out, I won't replenish my stash. Let's see what happens over the second half of Whole 30 when I don't have nuts. (That will be including nut butter -- every time I have almond butter with my apples, it's good, but I keep thinking to myself, "That looks like stuff that comes out of a baby's rear end.")

Comment

• Damn, fell off the wagon hard yesterday. Am I disqualified?
                    Today for breakfast:
                    1 Moroccan lamb sausage,
                    Some green pepper,
                    Some mushrooms,
                    3 eggs,
                    Fried in coconut oil! (I'm a little hesitant on coconut oil. I like coconut but I see it as a sweet flavor, not savory and am unsure how it will taste with meat. Its ok today but I prefer ghee or butter. )
                    Tea.
                    Last edited by Asmodeuskraemer; 06-15-2012, 04:21 AM.
                    January 14th-306.2
                    January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                    January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                    No, I'll fall.
                    Come to the edge.
                    No, it's too high.
                    Come to the edge.
                    I came
                    She pushed
                    And I flew

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
                      Damn, fell off the wagon hard yesterday. Am I disqualified?
                      Heh. Nope.

Comment

• it is amazing but a few days with NO snacks (which were mostly dates and nuts) and I have started to see the signs! I find it amazing because I don't feel I was eating THAT much extra and removing the snacks is ok, not too difficult. and I am 2 pounds down. You might say that it is because I finally got that far but I can 'feel' it being different, if that makes sense. I have been eating paleo for a long time and not losing weight, (and whining about it), but I guess it is all in the 'tweaking' I have just been tweaking the wrong things! ha.
                        well, so I ate out last night, completely successfully (no alcohol) felt like I ate past fullness a bit though, but not too bad.
                        feeling great!

Comment

• Girls, (and any guys, of course)
                          The book IT STARTS WITH FOOD, Discover the Whole30 and Change your Life in unexpected Ways, by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig came yesterday and I was up to 1am reading. We got home after a party and I thought I'd read a chapter or 2, omg, it is so good, I couldn't stop reading. They make it all so easy to understand, even the science-y stuff is fun. I highly recommend it.

I still love Mark's book, Nora G is great even tho I felt like I was studying, but this one is simple enough to really grasp a very complex subject. I am reading this stuff to DH tonite if I have to duct tape him to a chair.

Comment

• So I fell off the wagon Monday - Today is day 4... I hate starting over. Maybe i should stop cheating then...

Anyway, omlette with bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes for breakfast with a tiny square of 90% dark chocolate because I was having a craving. Going to try and wait until dinner to eat again, going to cook burgers by the pool with friends! Hope everyone else is holding strong and feeling good
                            It is always too early to quit.
                            Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
                            http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by c_bolton12 View Post
                              So I fell off the wagon Monday - Today is day 4... I hate starting over. Maybe i should stop cheating then...

Anyway, omlette with bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes for breakfast with a tiny square of 90% dark chocolate because I was having a craving. Going to try and wait until dinner to eat again, going to cook burgers by the pool with friends! Hope everyone else is holding strong and feeling good
                              Why are you starting over? Just pick back up where you left off. You only have to start over if you quit...
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Day 14 was a success. I was supposed to have class last night but my professor cancelled for a family emergency, so I got to bed at a decent time.

B:
                                3 sausage links
                                1 boiled egg
                                vitamins

L:
                                2 brats
                                1/2 cup sauerkraut
                                1/4 sweet potato cooked in CO

D:
                                2 slices watermelon
                                about 10 chuncks of pineapple
                                almonds

Bed at 10:30.

Movement: walking with Work Friend. Cut short b/c she got a blister b/c she wears goofy shoes.

Today is Day 15. I am officially down 6 lbs which was my goal for the whole month. Next week I will fall below 200 lbs and I cannot wait!
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X