No announcement yet.

Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!!!! I just made my first try at bulletproof coffee. 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp CO and my usual second cup of coffee. The colour changes as the coffee blends. It tastes AMAZING!! Like a caramel latte! It's slightly sweet, sort of butterscotch tasting, with a rich, fatty mouthfeel. What a decadent treat - it won't be my last!

It will be breakfast this morning. See how it holds me through to lunch.

Anyone else getting totally pissed off by the Eurocup/TV watching spam? Can't they do something to block it? Can hardly find the Primal forum posts for the spam...
    Last edited by marthat; 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
      OMG!!!!! I just made my first try at bulletproof coffee. 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp CO and my usual second cup of coffee. The colour changes as the coffee blends. It tastes AMAZING!! Like a caramel latte! It's slightly sweet, sort of butterscotch tasting, with a rich, fatty mouthfeel. What a decadent treat - it won't be my last!
      Really? I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't stomach it no matter what! I must be making it wrong

Confession time.....my OH is away for 2 weeks, he's travelled to Germany to compete in the IronMan at Ragensburg, as I wouldn't see him for a while I made steak and (home-made cooked in Dripping) chips and I also drank 1/2 bottle of red with him - ooops, but it was worth it, I wanted him to know that he was more important than my diets. Anyhew...back on the bandwagon.

Cycled to work today (10 miles)

B: 2 boiled eggs & apple
      L: salad with homemade game pate & 1 satsuma
      D: Roast chicken with vegetable ratatouille (planned)

I also measured myself and made myself miserable by realising I hadn't lost an inch of my ass
      Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
      Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tired today! Rib hurts! and legs/upper arms are covered in hives! ARGH! Today is going to suck. Gotta find me some benedryl! (BTW, I think it's our laundry detergent).

Yesterday went well, aside from spending 25% of the day on the toilet after this weekends wheat adventures. Had gained 2 lbs of water weight, but that is gone now, plus one more pound. Not counting the added pound lost until it's gone tomorrow too. Pretty sure it's b/c I'm dehydrated after yesterday...

B:
        4 sausage links
        1 boiled egg
        1/2 cup sauerkraut (I find I'm losing my taste for the stuff... uh oh!)

L: (at 4 pm)
        1 1/2 small catfish filets
        sugar snap peas

S: (at 10:30 pm)
        almonds

No dinner last night. Had planned it, but didn't need it.

I can't wait til my rib feels better and this damned itching goes away... I'm on the prowl for some benedryl. Have a nice day everyone.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          Gotta find me some benedryl!
          Poor you feeling so yuck - don't we expect to feel on top of the world when we are only putting good stuff into our bodies?

I don't understand why you can't get it, do they not just sell it at the Pharmacy?
          Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
          Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• They do, but I'm at work with no pharmacy available... I had to ask around at work, but I found someone willing to share her drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
              OMG!!!!! I just made my first try at bulletproof coffee. 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp CO and my usual second cup of coffee. The colour changes as the coffee blends. It tastes AMAZING!! Like a caramel latte! It's slightly sweet, sort of butterscotch tasting, with a rich, fatty mouthfeel. What a decadent treat - it won't be my last!
              Isn't it amazing???

And yeah, the spam is getting annoying. I've started reporting it.
              F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Feel better, jenn26point2! I hope the hives/itching gets under control soon.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post
                  Confession time.....my OH is away for 2 weeks, he's travelled to Germany to compete in the IronMan at Ragensburg, as I wouldn't see him for a while I made steak and (home-made cooked in Dripping) chips and I also drank 1/2 bottle of red with him - ooops, but it was worth it, I wanted him to know that he was more important than my diets. Anyhew...back on the bandwagon.
                  The awesome thing about being primal and even doing a Whole 30 is that there's really no cheating. We have our non-primal/Whole 30 meals, and then we're back to primal/Whole 30. It's all good, badbunny!

Comment

• I haven't posted in awhile, but I am still on board. Haven't had any sugar, alcohol, or coffee (I know not a whole30 but I was starting to feel dependent) in 13 days. I even went out with friends to a desert restaurant last weekend. Ended up getting a salad with roasted nuts and turkey. I'm kind of amazed at how easy not eating sugar is feeling right now. I also haven't missed a workout in 4 weeks. I've been doing a grease the grove challenge with chin-ups this month. So far I'm at 200/500. I think I'll be able to finish by the end of the month. Congratulations everyone for sticking with it.

Comment

• dates

Thanks for writing this, Lea! And your response, Jackie! I'm right there with you. I know I've cut back so much on the amount of food I eat, and I've completely cut out all grains and sugars. Cream in my coffee and in the Indian food I ate the other night, but that's all. But the weight does not budge. But I'm also enjoying dates -- and now that I have eaten the ENTIRE box, that's the end. No more dried fruit.

I have noticed that I feel more hungry after I eat fruit, so I'm going to cut down on the fresh fruit, too.

Veggies, veggies, veggies. Must eat more. 16 more days. I can do this.

Originally posted by LeaB View Post
                      Hi, Thanks Jackie, I have been eating dates and raw pecans, and some roasted pistachios. I just feel like when I used to reach for a square of chocolate, now I am reaching for a date or nuts. Before I wasn't eating either of those. So, I think that is the culprit. I guess what I need to do is to eliminate snacking COMPLETELY. I have been slacking on that while trying to adjust to the new restrictions of my favorite foods, but I guess it is time to do something more drastic.

Plan:
                      2-3 meals period. no more. no snacking between, ever, at all.
                      I need to hide the dates!!!
                      (by the way, stuff a date with a few pecans and you have what I call a primal snickers bar. hee hee)

Do you think there is anything else that I should be considering? My goal at this time is to lose fat, look good. I don't care about being healthy anymore (hahah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gingerhawk View Post
                        I have noticed that I feel more hungry after I eat fruit, so I'm going to cut down on the fresh fruit, too.
                        That's because fruit, while a natural sugar, creates an insulin response and later insulin will drop, making us think we're hungry again. This is why I try to avoid fruit all together or eat it only in the evening (because I'll be asleep when the insulin drops and won't be likely to eat again).

If I eat fruit during the day, look out! I'm after anything I can stuff in my face.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                          That's because fruit, while a natural sugar, creates an insulin response and later insulin will drop, making us think we're hungry again. This is why I try to avoid fruit all together or eat it only in the evening (because I'll be asleep when the insulin drops and won't be likely to eat again).

If I eat fruit during the day, look out! I'm after anything I can stuff in my face.
                          Yow. Good to know! I typically have an apple or two daily -- at least one of those is with a T of almond butter. Hmm. Things to ponder!

Comment

• Okay, ladies doing Whole 30 -- has anyone else had terrible cramps during their TOM? I was woken up by them at 3:15 this morning, which has never happened before, and I was so uncomfortable that I took 2 Advil at 3:34 am -- and the cramping came back this afternoon and was so intense that I again resorted to taking 2 Advil about 90 minutes ago.

Comment

• Just finished my TOM and I had the opposite happen to me...It was calm and only lasted 6 days not my normal 7. I usually have extremely painful TOM as you are experiencing so this month was a shock and a blessing.

I think I might be having a UTI and that sucks...I was wondering if anyone has taken D-Mannose or Uva Ursi and if it worked? I don't want to go to the Dr.'s and get antibiotics or drink cranberry juice...Any suggestions?

Comment

• If you think you've got an infection, you may want to go to the doctor.

As for me, ugh. I'm going to see if we have any magnesium supplements; if not, I'll have to head to the pharmacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X