No announcement yet.

Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ug, my weekend was pretty horrible food wise. We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and I had a couple of corn chips, some beans and a corn tortilla. My heart started racing and I started to feel all spacey afterwards. I have been eating clean most of the week,so from that, and how much energetic and balanced I've felt, I know I should continue eating this way permanently. I don't think I could ever live without heavy whipping cream though. The thought just makes me want to cry. I also had to recreate a recipe this weekend that uses cream cheese for my blog so, um, yeah I tore it up. Oh well. Honestly, I can't remember what I ate this weekend besides the crap so I'll post today's food:

B - 2 ggs + bulletproof coffee
    L - Stir fried chicken with asparagus, mushrooms and red onion
    D - Skipping my crockpot meal and having salmon cakes with coconut carrot.
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Comment

• Day 11: Drumroll, please!! My weight this morning is 144.5, finally into the "lower 140's" and 10 lbs lost in the 6 weeks of Whole30 so far. I'm thrilled!

So, on to the food. B: Half of 4 HB eggs as egg salad, coffee with CM. Lunch: Egg salad (I know, eggs again, using them up.) with sweet onion and mayo, radishes, an avocado, fresh strawberries (local, REAL berries, not transcontinental Franken-berries), tea. After work, more radishes. S: Baked chicken breast (with bone and skin, but still dry, dry, dry!), baked cauliflower. Off to quilting this evening, then likely just tea when I get home. I have lots of chicken left for chicken salad tomorrow.

Comment

• That's awesome, marthat! Congrats!

I've been eating a TON of food today, and battling a severe melancholy. Really, really blue. Expecting my TOM any moment now, plus I'm pretty sure that I'm perimenopausal. Emotional mess, that's me. Well, at least I'm gorging on Whole 30 foods. O_o I hope that the blues pass soon.
        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Way to go guys! keep up the great work....

So my daytime meals are pretty skimpy. I think I need to add a bit more and make sure I'm eating enough! tonight I went for sushi. Ordered a great salmon avacado salad sans dressing and a tuna avacado roll.... Instead of rice they wrapped it in 5 layers of cucumber!!! It was unreal. Missed the soy sauce a bit, but got over it with some ginger! Sooo good.

Thought I'd share. Never knew that was an option til tonight!

Comment

• Ok, Day 11 has been less than superb... I had lunch with DH at Buffalo Wild Wings and for whatever reason, did not consider the traditional wings... Not sure what my thinking was there - didn't even look at them! I, sadly, chose boneless wings instead and yes, ate some wedges. But, that's all I've had to eat today. I'll eat the rest of my watermelon tonight in hopes of loading up on water so that I can pee out the sodium and crap that came with the BWW and deal with the repercussions of PUFAs and wheat tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work and back in my normal element so I think things will definitely be better by far.

That being said, the scale still read 201 this morning and after BWW I went to the doctor and it only said 203... with any luck, I can bring it back down to 201 before tomorrow. I'd feel terrible if I screwed up my weight loss b/c of this one (ok, two) mistake.

My doctor asked me about my Whole 30 today. We're "friends" on facebook so she's been following. I told her about yesterday and today. She laughed at my logic yesterday... the first item was disappointing, so I had a second. Second was disappointing, so I moved on to cookies. First cookie was disappointing, so lets try another... Ok, that was disappointing too, and I'm still craving sugar, so let's go to the gas station and get a dew and some more cookies and eat til we feel like total crap. She laughed at me and said she could understand the logic.

She also confessed even she thinks the Whole 30 is hard - her hardest battle being sugar and giving up dairy - more specifically her morning whey protein shake. It was nice to see that my marathon running, RAGNAR relay finishing, Paleo doctor finds the Whole 30 to be tough.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Welcome aboard, Rita298 and sajielaaa!

I'm about to have some raspberries in coconut milk.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• I'm working on it! I had some moments of weakness over the weekend and some banana bread today but am eager to try a Whole 30! So far, its been a week and I've lost 3lbs.
                January 14th-306.2
                January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                No, I'll fall.
                Come to the edge.
                No, it's too high.
                Come to the edge.
                I came
                She pushed
                And I flew

Comment

• Day 11

Ugh. I ate EVERYTHING and then some.

B - Black coffee, banana, 3 eggs scrambled in ghee w/onions and garlic
                  S - Apple
                  L - 1 can Wild Planet albacore tuna w/paleo mayo, celery, carrot, onion, water, macadamias
                  S - Apple w/almond butter
                  D - 1/4 free-range chicken, baked at 375 for 45 min w/skin in ghee, garlic powder, kosher salt and paprika; sweet potato salad (sweet potatoes, scallions, cranberries, walnuts, olive oil); water; macadamias
                  dessert - blueberries, small banana, coconut milk

No exercise today; no vitamins

Lousy day. Felt very blue. Now I feel blue and overfull. Ugh. Hope my TOM gets here soon.

Comment

• Day 11. Went great . Vthe cupboards were bare so I decided to cook for the week. Today I made pork carnitas, chicken vindeloo, sausage soup, ratatouille, roast beets, roast sweet potatoes, and marinated some sirloin steaks to cook tomorrow for making steak salad. You can make a really delicious salad dressing out of mint and cilantro by blending them with lime juice and a chili pepper. I plan to make it tomorrow.

Breakfast. Bacon and eggs with raspberries and coconut and walnuts

Lunch bunless burger

Dinner sausage soup, sweet potato with ghee, blueberries and cinnamon. Also a little carnitas so I could see how yummy it is.

Comment

• Day 11

B-3 eggs, bacon
                      S-Green Apple
                      No lunch
                      D-Baked Salmon w/ sauteed mushroom and zucchini
                      S-Banana (body sore)

In Hawaii today is Kamehameha day and my hubby got the day off so we packed up the kids and went to the beach. We spent the morning swimming, body boarding and enjoying the sunshine. Came home and took a nice nap.Woke up did my insanity workout and cooked dinner. After dinner we watched the movie Act of Valor. I had an amazing day!!

Comment

• Yesterday I was rained in but got a lot done, rearranged furniture, bathed dogs and enjoyed myself overall. Ate good, 2 boiled eggs for bkfast, cantaloupe and a few walnuts around 10am,lunch was vital choice tuna, tomatoes, arugula, carrots & cukes, roasted a chicken with sweet potatoes and spinach for supper. Nothing else, I'm finding I don't need snacks like I used to. Wearing clothes I haven't worn in yrs, feel like I'm down at least 10 lbs, face is thinner and panties look like granny pants on me.
                        The days I get 8 cups of water I feel better and in better mood. I didn't swim since it poured all day but walked on treadmill for 4 miles, 2 at 11am and 2 at 8pm.

Comment

• Its certainly getting easier. I just need to get over my weirdness around exercise. Sometimes I really like it and I know I feel better. I have demons I need to...face? Get rid of? Something, that makes me just sit on my couch and look outside or look at my exercise dvd collection. Sometimes, that face off can take 20 minutes or longer, of me just sitting there, working up the courage...or something.
                          Its time to go back to therapy.
                          January 14th-306.2
                          January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                          January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                          No, I'll fall.
                          Come to the edge.
                          No, it's too high.
                          Come to the edge.
                          I came
                          She pushed
                          And I flew

Comment

• ok. I am officially jealous. I am on day ten and not feeling any different. My clothes are not looser. I came into this very paleo (recap: been paleo for a year only have lost 8-10 pounds over that time, have 20 more to go- thought this would kick start something). I decided to give up the few things that were left that are questionable so the only dairy was greek yogurt, cream in my coffee (admittably a LOT), chocolate (also a lot), and alcohol. I have slipped up a couple of times with a drink, wine not beer and not sugary drink. I want to be able to say I feel thinner!!!!!!

ok, so sorry about the whining, but I am feeling frustrated, and while I know this way of life is right and I don't really struggle with cakes, cookies, bread, pasta, or any of that, so I don't feel deprived (until giving up the above cream and chocolate). And I am a past sugar addict to the extreme. This last year of paleo has been great to get rid of cravings for bad foods, etc (which still amazes me). But to still look and be flabby is very disheartening! I am saying 20 pounds but I am sure that I could lose 30 pounds without looking too thin. I am 5'3" and 152 pounds.

What I have noticed is that I am eating a lot more dried fruit and nuts than I have in 6 months. So maybe I am just substituting my food and actually being more calorie dense now?

sorry for the whine, and I am truly happy for all the success that people are seeing!!! I have been going for health first and looks second, but I am ready for the looks! I am 45 and want to look better at 46 than I did at 40. But I am starting to get impatient.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeaB View Post
                              ok. I am officially jealous. I am on day ten and not feeling any different. My clothes are not looser. I came into this very paleo (recap: been paleo for a year only have lost 8-10 pounds over that time, have 20 more to go- thought this would kick start something). I decided to give up the few things that were left that are questionable so the only dairy was greek yogurt, cream in my coffee (admittably a LOT), chocolate (also a lot), and alcohol. I have slipped up a couple of times with a drink, wine not beer and not sugary drink. I want to be able to say I feel thinner!!!!!!

ok, so sorry about the whining, but I am feeling frustrated, and while I know this way of life is right and I don't really struggle with cakes, cookies, bread, pasta, or any of that, so I don't feel deprived (until giving up the above cream and chocolate). And I am a past sugar addict to the extreme. This last year of paleo has been great to get rid of cravings for bad foods, etc (which still amazes me). But to still look and be flabby is very disheartening! I am saying 20 pounds but I am sure that I could lose 30 pounds without looking too thin. I am 5'3" and 152 pounds.

What I have noticed is that I am eating a lot more dried fruit and nuts than I have in 6 months. So maybe I am just substituting my food and actually being more calorie dense now?

sorry for the whine, and I am truly happy for all the success that people are seeing!!! I have been going for health first and looks second, but I am ready for the looks! I am 45 and want to look better at 46 than I did at 40. But I am starting to get impatient.
                              LeaB, I hear you!!! First, you're awesome for being primal/paleo for a YEAR. That's terrific!

Second, something that my Loving Husband reminds me of constantly is that being healthy and losing weight are two distinct goals. Sometimes, there's overlap. But not always. It sounds like you're in the "not always" part. Since foodwise you're already eating right for a while (a year), I'd think it's time to start tinkering. You mentioned eating a lot of dried fruit and nuts -- that to me sounds like a likely culprit. Many folks on the forum swear by limiting both fruit and nuts (some even to the point of elimination) when your goal is to lose weight. It's very easy to overeat nuts and dried fruit, so maybe that's what's happening inadvertently?

Right now, I'm also eating a TON of raw nuts and fresh fruit, and I'm fairly certain that's stymieing my weight loss, but I'm also newly back to primal/paleo, so my first goal is to eat the right foods, and then I'll start tweaking (say, no more than one handful of nuts and one fruit daily).

What nuts/dried fruit are you eating? Maybe you could make some substitutions? For example, instead of a handful of raisins, have an apple or a cup of raspberries? Instead of roasted nuts, switch to raw?

Comment

• Hi, Thanks Jackie, I have been eating dates and raw pecans, and some roasted pistachios. I just feel like when I used to reach for a square of chocolate, now I am reaching for a date or nuts. Before I wasn't eating either of those. So, I think that is the culprit. I guess what I need to do is to eliminate snacking COMPLETELY. I have been slacking on that while trying to adjust to the new restrictions of my favorite foods, but I guess it is time to do something more drastic.

Plan:
                                2-3 meals period. no more. no snacking between, ever, at all.
                                I need to hide the dates!!!
                                (by the way, stuff a date with a few pecans and you have what I call a primal snickers bar. hee hee)

Do you think there is anything else that I should be considering? My goal at this time is to lose fat, look good. I don't care about being healthy anymore (hahah)

Comment

Working...
                                X