Whole 30 for June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LeaB View Post
    Also I have a question about coffee. This is a HUGE challenge for me not to have cream in my coffee and notice people are talking about caffeine, are we supposed to be giving up caffeine also???? I have cut down to 1/2 decaf and now am drinking that black (ugh) but wonder if we are supposed to be 100% decaf black coffee????
    I love my coffee. I may go make a pot now.

While I'm used to drinking it black with no sugar, I've found that adding some coconut milk (canned, not the stuff in a carton, which is usually sweetened) makes it taste super. Maybe give that a shot?

And mine is 100% leaded. I couldn't imagine going decaf.
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by Ann1217 View Post
      Good for you! The Whole 30 is not about restricting your intake of food, it's just about focusing on the quality of your food, so that's what you should do! If you want some fruit, have some fruit!
      Thanks!

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        have you considered bulletproof coffee? I hear people really like it.
        I think that you have to use butter in the bulletproof coffee. Wonder if it would work with ghee?

Comment

• I've seen people use coconut oil instead of butter.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Bulletproof coffee uses grass fed butter AND coconut oil (or MCT oil). You can substitute the butter with ghee to make it whole 30 approved. That's what I do. I don't do 3 TBS of each, though, because I'm not subbing it for breakfast and the idea of drinking that much oil just grosses me out. I usually use a heaping tsp of each and throw it all in the blended and blend away. It's delicious!!!

Comment

• Completely loving this so far. The coffee has been my challenge as well! Im used to a bit of creamer everyday! this morning I added cinnamon into it. It wasn't too bad- I've had worse! I'm gonna try the coconut milk in the can next so well see.

Im not trying to lose a crazy amount of weight though, Just the nagging 5-8 lbs around my belly! I think eliminating the dairy and being more strict on the whole30 should do the trick! Plus this board is keeping me on track!!! Thanks guys

Comment

• I've never loved omelets as I do now. This morning, warmed up some ghee and EVOO and sautéed broc, yellow squash, red pepper & shallots, all organic, cooked a few mins, poured 2 "dirty feet" brown chicken eggs over and cooked a few more minutes. Sooooo good and filling, didn't need anything else but filtered water and vitamin.

Lunch was cold chicken I'd grilled over the w/e, 1 thigh, 2 legs, arugula, toms & cukes, lemon juice over everything, green tea.

Just now, 6pm, finished din din, hamburger patty & onions, sautéed spinach with parm, coleslaw w/homemade mayo, damn delish.

Will have some strawberries and cream later. Going good, guys, how u doing??

Comment

• Day 4:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 tsp. coconut oil and 1 tsp. ghee, 2.5 breakfast sausages

Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs, leftover parsnip puree, topped with pork rinds from the lard that I rendered earlier today. YUM! And kept me full until dinner (I actually wasn't that hungry, but ate anyway).

Dinner: Salmon sashimi, yellowtail sashimi, sweet potato "fries" (roasted with some lard), salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette. About a cup of cherries for dessert.

Comment

• My diet is:

3 boiled eggs, half avocado + 1 can of various fish

lunch piece of fruit + half avocado or some coconut oil

Dinner 300-500g of various meat+3 zuchinni's+3-4 yellow squashes+2-3 pieces pumpkin

Haven't done a calorie count on my deit yet, it'd be on the lower side i gues but i just want to try and improve my gut with this whole 30/gaps diet. Which means i am avoiding most whole 30 things apart from eggs but i am exluding starches even safe ones

That's basically my goal, dont have any addictions (sugar cravings etc etc) and no weight loss plans (need weight gain actually). Will hopefully start weightlifting again as soon as i adjust my energy levels which have improved.

Hardest things to go without are rice and nightshades but at least no noticeable joint pains so that's good and improvement i believe.
                    Last edited by zizou; 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• I have a headache and that's not cool. Is it carb flu or sugar withdrawal? Hard telling. I'll pee on a ketostick tomorrow and see if it could be carb flu.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Day 4

8:00 coffee with my hubby
                        11:30. Chicken tikka masala made with hwc. This is what happens when planning doesn't happen. Also big pile of steamed broccoli. Coffee
                        4:00. 2-3 strawberries with a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut plus coffee
                        6:00. Totally awesome dinner. 3 eggs scrambled with bacon and lots of onions and summer squash. Baked sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon.

Exercise. Mall walking, 20 minute dog walk, plus will take dogs out again tonight for another 20-25 minutes.

Comment

• Day 4: B: Smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, spinach, coconut milk, a raw egg, but of water. Coffee with coconut milk (CM).
                          L: two chicken thighs, fried in ghee, cold, cut into fingers, dipped into Smoking Stampede Mayo. Radishes and red pepper strips. Blackberries, tea. S: Honey mustard pork loin from the crockpot, asparagus, tea. And now 2 fresh apricots and peppermint tea after being out all evening. I'm exhausted!! Off to bed...

Comment

• Just wanted to say keep up the good work everyone! This is my first time doing whole30 and so far it's been great...Ate out yesterday at wholefoods.Got me a BAS with pork & pineapple. So yummy! As for my workout I'm doing P90X/ insanity hybrid..I know it's got chronic cardio all over it but i'm tweaking it so it's not an hour long. I just want to keep myself accountable.

Comment

• Day 4

Coffee w/coconut milk
                              3 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in coconut oil, with onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushroom
                              2 Bilinski chicken sausages (minimally processed)

Apple
                              Almond butter

Handful macadamias

Large banana, 1/2 pint blueberries, 4 strawberries w/some coconut milk

Handful macadamias

oolong tea

leftover veal chop w/leeks and sauteed mushrooms (from Day 2)
                              BAS of romaine, spinach, bell pepper and cucumber

Handful macadamias

1/2 pint blueberries w/some coconut milk

Vitamins: 3 fish oils (3,000 g) and 2 Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU)

WOD: 40 min w/sadistic personal trainer. Did some cardio w/dumbbells. Hated it. Finding a different trainer.

I know I ate too much yesterday, but man, I was DRAGGING. Utterly exhausted. Took two naps. Blerg. Today, I woke up with my left knee hurting and my back aching. Yeah, I'm not doing that cardio/dumbbell thing again. Emailed a local personal trainer who does weightlifting; hope to hear back soon. Meanwhile the zero-grain/sugar flu sucks. When will my coffeepot beep???

Comment

• Ouch, Jackie! Cardio with dumbells...sounds intense! Hope you're feeling better

So, day four:

12.30: Lunch out - not a great deal of choice on the menu, so I ended up with a caeser salad. It had lots of bacon, smoked salmon, and two poached eggs, so it was YUM! Got it without the croutons and sauce, but sadly they did grate parmesan over it. Oops. Have I failed the whole30?

4.00: Snack. Prosciutto and rockmelon.

8.00: Pork baked with capsicum and rockmelon, with a little coconut milk and some olive oil, on a bed of steamed spinach. Kind of a weird recipe, but it was tasty! Wanted to make apricot chicken to satisfy the sweet cravings I was battling all afternoon, but didn't have apricot or chicken haha.

Other: black coffee, earl grey tea with lemon, lemon/ginger tea.

Exercise: biked 9km, yoga class. First one for a while, and man it was good!

So I guess pretty pleased with today. Super pleased overall! This is really keeping me motivated. And, like a few people have mentioned, I'm already noticing results...lost a bit of, I assume, water weight, so looking a little more toned around the belly - yay! And, today I put on my skinny jeans and they felt normal and well-fitted, unlike the soul-crushing squeeze it took to get into them last week. Fantastic!

Keep up the good work guys

Comment

Working...
                                X