Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just completed my first week of 100% primal. assess how i've done so far..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just completed my first week of 100% primal. assess how i've done so far..

    Just got back home from college and decided to go full primal. I was maybe 80% primal this past semester (ate a lot of fries, potatoes, and breaded chicken. also ordered delivery a lot so probably ingested a lot of vegetable cooking oils). I've been keeping track of my progress with FitDay. My typical breakfast is a half pound of bacon with 1 or 2 eggs. For lunch and dinner, I've been eating usually a ~7 oz. piece of meat with a cup of vegetables. Haven't really been eating any snacks, though I did pick up some pork rinds (not fried in soybean oil or anything) and guacamole recently. Here's what I've got so far:

    Meats: bacon, salmon, steak, chicken, pork chops, ground beef, eggs

    Veggies: broccoli, peas, carrots, onions, peppers, green beans

    Drinks: Water, Milk (only a glass or two with breakfast)

    Dairy: Milk, Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt, American cheese slices (put on some burgers)

    Fruits: strawberries and bananas (only minimal amount)

    mydietMay262012.gif

    How am I doing?

    Edit: I should probably mention that I am trying to gain weight and eliminate my acne. My acne actually worsened a bit at first but it has improved these past few days. I'm 5'8" and weighed probably 140-145 pounds when I came back from school. I don't have a scale at the moment so not sure exactly.
    Last edited by dirk41; 05-26-2012, 07:09 PM.
    Yes, the real Dirk.

  • #2
    I think you should consider ditching all the dairy if getting rid of acne is a big deal to you? It's not the cure for everyone but I know multiple people who were on acne medication, eliminated dairy, and solved their skin problems, and I've also read about it a lot on the internet. Just a suggestion
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nixxy View Post
      I think you should consider ditching all the dairy if getting rid of acne is a big deal to you? It's not the cure for everyone but I know multiple people who were on acne medication, eliminated dairy, and solved their skin problems, and I've also read about it a lot on the internet. Just a suggestion
      I am pretty sure that dairy isn't the culprit. Back in high school I barely drank milk and had cheese only on burgers and pizza and I still had acne. Since giving up grains and sugar my acne has improved considerably. If I have a piece of cake or a piece of bread I break out with inflammation within hours of eating. With dairy I haven't noticed anything like that.
      Yes, the real Dirk.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree...just because you didn't eat much dairy in high school and still had acne, doesn't mean it isn't making it worse now. Certainly couldn't hurt to try. And american cheese slices are junk anyways-not primal. You should also take a probiotic and add some fermented foods-that will also help your skin.
        $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

        "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire


        For nutrition/wellness tips:

        http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

        www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

        Comment


        • #5
          The dairy intolerance often comes as a result of the gluten intolerance though, so the same issues can arise. Google it and you'll see the links.

          I'm sure you know what's best for you though, but it was just a suggestion. When I am 100% dairy free I get about 1 pimple a month. Right now I'm eating probiotic yoghurt for other reasons, and have about 4. Not everyone's the same but don't be blind to the possibility, is all I'm saying.
          Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

          Current PRs:
          Bench: 45kg/99lb
          Squat: 100kg/220lb
          Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

          My blog
          My journal

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nixxy View Post
            The dairy intolerance often comes as a result of the gluten intolerance though, so the same issues can arise. Google it and you'll see the links.

            I'm sure you know what's best for you though, but it was just a suggestion. When I am 100% dairy free I get about 1 pimple a month. Right now I'm eating probiotic yoghurt for other reasons, and have about 4. Not everyone's the same but don't be blind to the possibility, is all I'm saying.
            You're right...it couldn't hurt to try.

            Am I eating enough calories to gain weight? Only exercise I'm doing right now is playing basketball a few times a week.
            Yes, the real Dirk.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dirk41 View Post
              Am I eating enough calories to gain weight? Only exercise I'm doing right now is playing basketball a few times a week.
              I think that if you want to gain weight healthfully, your best bet would be to lift weights. Over time, this will build your lean muscle mass, which will cause to to gain healthy weight.
              F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

              **1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

              **First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

              Comment

              Working...
              X