Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, I need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ribbons View Post
    I'm starting to think I don't need to go though. Sorry, I know this is really repetitive. I think I should wait a bit longer because maybe if I eat normally for long enough the anxiety will go away? That's sort of what billp said.
    Don't make excuses. Don't talk yourself out of it. Make the appointment. Go to the doctor, by yourself if necessary. Make the decision, and stand by it.
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

    **1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

    **First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      Don't make excuses. Don't talk yourself out of it. Make the appointment. Go to the doctor, by yourself if necessary. Make the decision, and stand by it.
      You don't think it'll go away on its own? After this week I won't have to worry about exams for another few months, so maybe just the reduced stress will be enough to make me able to think normally.

      Comment


      • Here's the thing.

        My husband has anxiety. It's how his mind works.

        His OCD-like behavior and his orthorexic-like behavior (neither being full blown) stem out of his anxiety. When he is very anxious, he falls into these patterns.

        when he is less anxious, he is far more normal and functions normally.

        He is *always* anxious. He has been in therapy for anxiety (helps a lot, taught him new behaviors, etc). And with a healthy diet and exercise and meditation, he is anxious but functional. He is not "normal, healthy, not-anxious." He is functional and still anxious.

        He was able to heal his gut, which helped with a lot of his anxiety. But he is still anxious.

        The anxiety is caused by deep seated stuff. he continues to work on healing this stuff -- sometimes in therapy, and sometimes in other methods as they come up. When he gets into his extreme anxiety states, he heads back for help.

        it is highly, highly, highly unlikely that this will fix itself.

        It will take getting help to *manage* your anxiety so that it doesn't become all-consuming and harm you.

        That is why you need help. That is why my husband needs help. Most of the time, he is functional, and the anxiety isn't overwhelming or driving him to controlling behaviors (OCD/orthorexia). But when he isn't, he seeks help to get him back into a state of functional.

        Understand?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zoebird View Post
          Here's the thing.

          My husband has anxiety. It's how his mind works.

          His OCD-like behavior and his orthorexic-like behavior (neither being full blown) stem out of his anxiety. When he is very anxious, he falls into these patterns.

          when he is less anxious, he is far more normal and functions normally.

          He is *always* anxious. He has been in therapy for anxiety (helps a lot, taught him new behaviors, etc). And with a healthy diet and exercise and meditation, he is anxious but functional. He is not "normal, healthy, not-anxious." He is functional and still anxious.

          He was able to heal his gut, which helped with a lot of his anxiety. But he is still anxious.

          The anxiety is caused by deep seated stuff. he continues to work on healing this stuff -- sometimes in therapy, and sometimes in other methods as they come up. When he gets into his extreme anxiety states, he heads back for help.

          it is highly, highly, highly unlikely that this will fix itself.

          It will take getting help to *manage* your anxiety so that it doesn't become all-consuming and harm you.

          That is why you need help. That is why my husband needs help. Most of the time, he is functional, and the anxiety isn't overwhelming or driving him to controlling behaviors (OCD/orthorexia). But when he isn't, he seeks help to get him back into a state of functional.

          Understand?
          Right, ok thanks I get it. I'll go to the dr by myself and just get it over with. And hopefully I won't change my mind

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ribbons View Post
            Right, ok thanks I get it. I'll go to the dr by myself and just get it over with. And hopefully I won't change my mind
            Don't change your mind. You can do this, Ribbons. We're rooting for you!
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

            **1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

            **First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

            Comment


            • How are things going?
              well then

              Comment


              • I fell off the wagon and had wheat and stuff for a couple of days but now I'm back to eating primal and I'm going to try to just get into the habit of eating meals instead of snacking because I think I've put on a lot of weight
                But at least I'm ok with food now so there's no need to go to the doctor . I just keep having to remind myself that if I starve myself I'll lose muscle and then I'll binge and put on weight and I'll end up obese with no muscles.

                Comment


                • There is still every reason to go to the doctor.

                  This has never been about food or weight. It's been about anxiety.

                  When you were under the stress/pressure of exams, the anxiety crescendo-ed into these strange fixations on weight/diet. Now that you have months before a new set of exams, it's eased up, and you're feeling like it's no worry.

                  But next exam time, it's going to come again. Honestly, because it's how you fixate when under your anxiety.

                  So, go and get treatment for anxiety at the very least.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X