Please help, I need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amberlee View Post
    billip, seriously, have you wondered why members back off commenting, have you thought about the effect of contributing to the microanalysis or response to the attention seeking?

Ribbons, you are clearly articulate and presumably smart and not about to expire

billip, are you ribbons and gadsie? are are you fuelling the drama to advance your own 'research"

seriously, ribbons, get off the forum if you exist and get a ne preoccupation than seeking attention here...as yiu say, you are not about to starve and clearly are not interested in primal as opposed to the attention

billip...creepy
    Why would you say shes seeking attention? She might be, but you have no clue
    well then

Comment

• Oh and ribbons, just another advice, what I did, is accepting the fact that I will get fat and I just started eating whenever (healthy) not caring about getting fat. And guess what? I didn't
      well then

Comment

• You need to jump in at the deep end and eat a carton of Hagen Daazs.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
          You need to jump in at the deep end and eat a carton of Hagen Daazs.
          Funny, that is exactly what I'm planning to do sunday after my workout
          well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
            Oh and ribbons, just another advice, what I did, is accepting the fact that I will get fat and I just started eating whenever (healthy) not caring about getting fat. And guess what? I didn't
            Haha you were underweight though weren't you? I'm already fat so it's hard to accept that I'll get fatter (even if I won't).
            Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
            You need to jump in at the deep end and eat a carton of Hagen Daazs.
            I haven't eaten sugary food in like 6 months, I'm not ruining it now, especially while I have a lot to lose. Btw fun fact: Haagen Dazs is owned by Nestle (like basically everything else).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ribbons View Post
              Haha you were underweight though weren't you? I'm already fat so it's hard to accept that I'll get fatter (even if I won't).

I haven't eaten sugary food in like 6 months, I'm not ruining it now, especially while I have a lot to lose. Btw fun fact: Haagen Dazs is owned by Nestle (like basically everything else).
              Are you sure you need to lose weight? How it works is such a mystery to people. I've eaten 3 cartons of Hagen Daazs this week, eaten higher calorie all week, haven't gained an ounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                Are you sure you need to lose weight?
                Technically I don't need to lose weight but I can definitely afford to.
                How it works is such a mystery to people. I've eaten 3 cartons of Hagen Daazs this week, eaten higher calorie all week, haven't gained an ounce.
                Maybe you've been doing more exercise?

Comment

• And when you eat too little over a long period of time, you not only stop losing weight, your body will desperately hold onto all its fat for as long as possible because it's trying to keep you alive during a time of famine -- it thinks you're starving (which you are). Eating too little will not bring about weight loss, not until after your body is done basically eating itself. (To say nothing of all the stress you're putting yourself through over this, which leads to more cortisol production...and that leads to weight gain.)

So, to sum up: eating too little is one of the worst things you can do for healthy weight loss.
                  F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Originally posted by billp View Post
                    Fair enough, amberlee. Am quite tired today so am not at my most clear-headed myself. Point taken.
                    God damn it. You are so right amberlee. I just remembered that I actually have a real project I was working on, am not interested in nutrition and neither approve of helping people or believe it possible or worthwhile. Thanks. I am clearly at least as capable of obsessing pointlessly as any dumb teenager. Signing off to work on a project that might actually make me some money, a thing I actually do care about.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                      And when you eat too little over a long period of time, you not only stop losing weight, your body will desperately hold onto all its fat for as long as possible because it's trying to keep you alive during a time of famine -- it thinks you're starving (which you are). Eating too little will not bring about weight loss, not until after your body is done basically eating itself. (To say nothing of all the stress you're putting yourself through over this, which leads to more cortisol production...and that leads to weight gain.)

So, to sum up: eating too little is one of the worst things you can do for healthy weight loss.
                      Yup, I know. Sometimes I remind myself of that but then I get confused about whether it's true or if I'm just justifying eating.

Comment

Yup, I know. Sometimes I remind myself of that but then I get confused about whether it's true or if I'm just justifying eating.
                        My biggest problem over the years has been eating too little when dieting. I switch to healthy foods and end up dropping down around 1000 calories. After a few weeks I start to gain weight and get really frustrated. I have to be sure I am eating enough (>1500cal/day) in order to lose weight. I know that sounds contradictory, but it's true. You need to have enough nutrition coming in to signal to your body that you're not in a famine in order to lose weight. I've lost 12lbs since January by being sure that I eat enough. Whenever I completely stop thinking about it I don't eat enough and the weight loss stalls. It sounds backwards, but it's true.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that eating too little is the worst thing for healthy weight loss. Keep repeating it, until it's simply a rule that you know, like 2 + 2 = 4 or that water is wet.

Eating too little is the worst thing for healthy weight loss.

Make it your mantra:

You can do it, Ribbons.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

• NONE OF YOU FOLKS ARE HELPING.

Ribbons, if you are 5'2" and ~ 130 lbs, you're not about to die. It's a healthy weight. But you should ask your mom to make a doctor's appointment. The doctor probaby can't fit you in until after your exams anyway, so it's okay to make the appointment now.

You may think you're "fat," but you should be checked out to make sure you're not malnourished. Anyone can suffer from malnutrition -- in fact the very obese are probably in far worse shape. And your binging/fasting cycles are wreaking havoc with your brain chemistry.

If your exams are next week(?), then take your exams, see how you do. If you need to repeat a year, it would likely help you to get into uni better than if you try to force it with the grades you have.

I think it's VERY encouraging how quickly that you have warmed up talking on the internet, and how insightful you are about yourself. You have a conflict, and you are aware of the conflict. That's a solid accomplishment. While your mind clearly has anorexic tencencies, it looks like all of that "horrible" binging has keep you at a decent weight!

I would like to see you be able to Eat Without Freaking. If the best way for you to Eat Without Freaking is to count 900 calories of good Primal food, so be it. Even those 900 calories, especially the Primal kind, will heal your brain a little. (you WILL need to ramp up later, but you have to start somewhere)

As for losing the weight, this needs to be watched. I can guess what your ideal weight probably should be, but I'm not going to say what it is. I'm afraid of what happens if you lose some weight. Will you go back into fasting to lose more... will you never feel thin enough and keep losing below what you should. That's where the danger lies.
                            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxide View Post
                              Ribbons, if you are 5'2" and ~ 130 lbs, you're not about to die.
                              From starvation? Of course not. But there's no way to know about anything else, such as heart damage. "Heart damage, which ultimately killed singer Karen Carpenter, is the most common reason for hospitalization in most people with anorexia." Cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any age, who is suffering with an eating disorder. And that's not all.

Push comes to shove, anorexia kills. This isn't about convincing Ribbons that she's not fat. It's about urging her to see her doctor ASAP, because eating disorders are life-threatening, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                                My biggest problem over the years has been eating too little when dieting. I switch to healthy foods and end up dropping down around 1000 calories. After a few weeks I start to gain weight and get really frustrated. I have to be sure I am eating enough (>1500cal/day) in order to lose weight. I know that sounds contradictory, but it's true. You need to have enough nutrition coming in to signal to your body that you're not in a famine in order to lose weight. I've lost 12lbs since January by being sure that I eat enough. Whenever I completely stop thinking about it I don't eat enough and the weight loss stalls. It sounds backwards, but it's true.
                                Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                                Keep telling yourself that eating too little is the worst thing for healthy weight loss. Keep repeating it, until it's simply a rule that you know, like 2 + 2 = 4 or that water is wet.

Make it your mantra:

You can do it, Ribbons.
                                Haha I know that obviously it's healthier to eat like 1200 cals than 500 but a lot of the time I really don't care about that. If I eat then I feel guilty about it and just telling myself that I'm being healthy feels like an excuse.

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                                Ribbons, if you are 5'2" and ~ 130 lbs, you're not about to die. It's a healthy weight.
                                Not just healthy but almost overweight according to BMI.
                                But you should ask your mom to make a doctor's appointment. The doctor probaby can't fit you in until after your exams anyway, so it's okay to make the appointment now.
                                I want to wait a bit in case it's just a phase.
                                You may think you're "fat," but you should be checked out to make sure you're not malnourished. Anyone can suffer from malnutrition -- in fact the very obese are probably in far worse shape. And your binging/fasting cycles are wreaking havoc with your brain chemistry.
                                I take multivitamins so I should be ok
                                If your exams are next week(?), then take your exams, see how you do. If you need to repeat a year, it would likely help you to get into uni better than if you try to force it with the grades you have.
                                I have one exam next week and six in a few months, so however I go in next week's exam won't make a huge difference overall.
                                I think it's VERY encouraging how quickly that you have warmed up talking on the internet, and how insightful you are about yourself. You have a conflict, and you are aware of the conflict. That's a solid accomplishment. While your mind clearly has anorexic tencencies, it looks like all of that "horrible" binging has keep you at a decent weight!
                                Talking on the internet is easy because I'm anonymous. I wouldn't have said anything I've said here to people I know. It's not just the binging, I used to go through cycles of starving, primal, binging, etc. so I haven't had consistent weigh loss. Also my mum thinks I have hypothyroidism or a slow metabolism because I'm fat and I'm always cold, but I haven't really looked into it.
                                I would like to see you be able to Eat Without Freaking. If the best way for you to Eat Without Freaking is to count 900 calories of good Primal food, so be it. Even those 900 calories, especially the Primal kind, will heal your brain a little. (you WILL need to ramp up later, but you have to start somewhere)
                                I have this thing where if I decide on a specific number of calories to eat then I always have to make sure I eat that number (or less) and I get really obsessive about not going over, so then I have to weigh and record everything and constantly think about it and worry that my food scales might be inaccurate or something.
                                As for losing the weight, this needs to be watched. I can guess what your ideal weight probably should be, but I'm not going to say what it is.
                                48-50kg?

Comment

Working...
                                X