IF in the afternoons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF in the afternoons?

Mark mentions multiple times skipping breakfast, but I'm at my hungriest earlier in the day. Is there just as much benefit if I make my eating window from 7am-1pm?

As far as I know it dosn't make any difference, I find it easier to skip breakfast and work from there as you are already at least 8 hours into fasting by morning - unless you wake up for a mid-night feast , but if find not eating after 1 works for you then I thinnk it will be fine.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I think the length of the fast is more important than the time~ if you feel better eating early in the day, then listen to your body. Just don't fall into the *well, I've blown it for the day* mindset and snack your way to bedtime. Don't ask how I know that

Comment

^ +1 fasting is fasting. whatever works for your lifestyle.
        www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

+2. Time of day doesn't matter, it is number of hours fasted. if you could eat at 8am and noon then you could get to a 20 hour fast 4 hour feeding window. I love going dinner to dinner, eat between 6pm and 10pm. 20 hour fasts make me feel good!

Comment

I eat breakfast about 9 and dinner about 5 and don't feel the need for a lunch. Is that an IF? It's within the 16/8 feeding window thing so does that mean i am doing it right by leangains? I don't really care. It's when I naturally feel hungry.

This is a YMMV but some people really don't like breakfast. They say they feel sluggish if they eat it. I'm the other way around, sluggish if I don't. You need to figure out what works for you and not get too pre-occupied with watching a clock.

Comment

I love going dinner to dinner

Comment

It wouldn't matter which way round you do it, as long as you get the length of time fasting right. People usually just skip breakfast as it is more of a social thing than anything else.

It is also easier to fit in exercise for a lot of people later in the day. And it is important to eat after exercise.
                The blog: Lean Ape

100 Steps To YOUR perfect Body

Comment

I did from 2 yesterday until 730 this morning...so almost 18 hours :] I probably won't do it every day but once or twice a week I probably will. I clusterfed all morning to get in enough fat and calories to last me and I wasn't hungry all evening or night. I have to wakeup at 4 in the morning so by 7 my stomach is rawring. Thankyou for the advice everyone, it's nice to know that I'm getting the same benefits...And Ape Dave- I'll be sure to eat during the day on my workout nights.

Comment

For 3 days now, I've eaten breakfast at 8am, good lunch around 2pm and nothing else until morning. I sleep even better and still lots of energy to get on the treadmill at 7pm for 2.5 miles.

Comment

Working...
                    X