Looking to get seriously lean...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@mstrudle My breakfast is~

Optimum Nutrition Egg Protein (3g carb/24g protein)

Green Vibrance (greens/spirulina/probiotics 7g carbs)

Sambazon Rio Blend Acai berry (only one store in my area sells this, but any frozen berries would be fantastic)

1 TBSP almond or flax oil

My GF thinks it's "icky", but I love it. It's a nice change since it's not too sweet.

I get my bodyfat checked tonight - update later.

Woo hoo ~ you're already at my goal %!

Comment

what's the difference between lean and seriously lean?

Comment

@Sterling, thanks a lot! I might be bugging you in the future for further assistance. I believe at the moment I must be eating at a calorie deficit but I've been thinking of buying a food scale just to be sure and to get more accurate fitday numbers. I've inputed a regular day's worth of food, sometimes over estimating and have gotten under 1800 calories but like you said I won't truly know unless I measure.

Any reason why I shouldn't lift then sprint? I do it for time-saving purposes, and because I only exercise when I'm at school and can use their facilities, every other day I'm usually working. I can sprint outside though, I've just read it's beneficial to follow up weights with "cardio" for weight loss.

@PookDo, I guess that's subjective. My interpretation of "seriously lean" for a male is a BF in either the lower teens or high single digits (8%) and having very little visible fat. My ulterior motive for achieving this goal is to fight for my Muay Thai gym, or to put myself close enough to that goal before I begin fight training. I've got the skills, but I've always struggled to make weight, now that I've found a healthy way to do it, I want to push myself. The ring isn't going anywhere so I want to do it safe and responsibly, no shortcuts, but I made this thread to capitalize on a good thing and accelerate the process if possible and prudent.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

iniQuity: I was being somewhat sarcastic but I get what you mean.Being primal and doing Muay Thai over a long enough period of time you would think would be enough.I took some phase classes several years ago at the Minnesota Kali group and I remember how brutal it was

Comment

*Off-topic* PookDo, you still in Minnesota? A Southern MN native right here. Currently Mankato. There's talk of a primal meet-up in the twin-cities area for the Midwest Groks and Grokettes sometime in the late spring/summer.

*On-topic* I am also looking to lean out just for sh*ts and giggles. I am currently sitting at probably 10%-13% BF range and I'd like to see if I could get down to ~7%. Just a fun, personal challenge.

Comment

I wonder what my BF% is, I would assume low 20s, I might do a VO2 Max test at my muay thai gym in a month or two to see where I'm at.

I'm bumping this, Sterling/anybody why shouldn't I sprint after 5x5 lifts?

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Funkadelic Flash : I am in Little Canada a suburb of St Paul

Comment

Working...
                X