How do you feel about pickles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about pickles?

I think they are (aside from the salt, which im not concerned about) pretty primal friendly. Especially if you pickle the cucumbers yourself.

What do you guys think?

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Um, I love pickles. Not the sweet ones though.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Love em! I can't stay away from the pickled eggs. Gonna have to make some more. I ate half a jar of pickles last week. Home-made ones my sister did. OMG, they're so good.

Comment

I ate a big bowl of pickled beets and eggs this weekend. Omnomnom

Comment

I like 'em. Same with pickled eggs, and probably other pickled stuff that I haven't tried yet.

But I'm with Tara on the sweet pickles. Yuck!

Comment

I used to hate them as a kid and the smell still sometimes bothers me...but I haven't tried them in a long time, wonder if I'd like them now.

Comment

I had half a pickle the other day with dinner. Didn't feel like finishing it though. I used to really like them, now I think they're "okay". I REALLY like pickled green beans though, man are those good.

Comment

Love pickles...especially the spicy ones or extra garlic ones. But I never really made them myself, I've always used cheap ones from the supermarket.

Comment

Mmm, my sister made pickled green beans for Christmas.

Comment

They have to be tiny, garlicky and crunchy. Big rubbery bland ones make me want to vomit lol

Comment

I think they are potentially amazing, especially if making them yourself like you said.

I haven't had pickles in years! I miss them. Back in my fast food days, one of my favourite things was to get an italian sausage with pickles and mayonnaise. Everyone thought I was weird but it's like the best combo on earth! Would have to toss the bun now though, wrap it in a giant mushroom or somethin lol.

Comment

Pickles. I love 'em. Not just for taste but also for health reasons. I read that Taoist's always include something pickled with every meal. Their reason---as people age they produce less quantity or quality of stomach acid,so older people need the pickles. I don't know if that is all true, but pickles help me.

Pickles aren't always cucumbers. Could be cabbage, eggs, any vegetable, umegoshi plums, ginger---whatever floats your boat. Making pickles isn't rocket surgery or brain science either. Easy.

Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I think the home-made ones, the kind made the traditional way, are rich in probiotics. I've been making fermented foods like sauerkraut/ cortido/ kimchi at home.

Comment

Working...
                          X