Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Ice Cream to Cheat With

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Best Ice Cream to Cheat With

    For some reason ice cream is so hard to kick! Maybe it's because it's so full of fat?

    There are a few threads on strictly primal or paleo ice cream, but if you wanna just buy the stuff I highly recommend Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams from over here in Columbus, OH.

    They use grass-fed whole-fat milk and cream and focus on local ingredients. It's expensive, but when you're gonna cheat I've found it's better to go high quality and super good so the backlash is minimized and it's completely worth it.

    All their scoop shops are in Ohio (and Nashville, TN), and you can find it in some grocery stores beyond that, but they do ship to your house. Good news, though! I'm not sure where most people are, but seeing that Mark is from SoCal and there seems to be a lot more primal stuff on the West Coast, you guys might be happy to know that Jeni's will be coming to Gelson's and Bristol Farms! Hope that means high quality cheating material for a lot of you out there!

    Is there any other as-close-to-primal-as-you-can-get ice cream out there that compares?

  • #2
    Don't kick it. Eat it. Haagen Dazs. I crushed a pint of coffee over the weekend.

    It's not cheating. If you like being on a diet... I can suggest this:

    www.nutrisystem.com
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 05-07-2012, 07:25 PM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

    Comment


    • #3
      Home made icecream is awesome. And primal.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

      Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

      Comment


      • #4
        I like Breyer's French Vanilla. A bit cheaper than Haagen Dazs, but still quite clean.

        Comment


        • #5
          I had a total meltdown today and got a chocolate milk shake at Fuddruckers. Feeling sick to my stomach right now...... Who knows what crap is in there.

          Comment


          • #6
            lol @ it's not cheating
            I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by boxcarguy07 View Post
              lol @ it's not cheating
              Can you see the forest?

              trees.jpg
              "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

              Comment


              • #8
                I say eat the kind you like best. I'm pretty good to not have many cheats, but when I do, I want it to be worth it. So, if it isn't something I truly love, it isn't worth the cheat. The relative thing is simply irrelevant IMO. If it becomes relevant, you are probably cheating too often.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ice cream = evening with Maalox. Takes longer to recover than it takes to eat the stuff. No more than 1 tsp. and only that under duress.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Haagen Daaz contains 5 ingredients for most products. It is pretty clean assuming that you have no problem with the added sugar.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nady View Post
                      Ice cream = evening with Maalox. Takes longer to recover than it takes to eat the stuff. No more than 1 tsp. and only that under duress.
                      That's how I feel! I use to abide by the whole "cheat day" excuse, but after eating Primal I had a "cheat day", and I felt horrible. Ice cream tastes nice, but not for the stomach ache and ill feelings I get after. I'd rather have a good bar of dark chocolate, some fruit, or maybe put a little extra honey in some Greek yogurt. I hope my wedding cake is kind to my on my wedding night!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I love making ice cream! I make it with a bit of honey or maple syrup, and it's SOOOOOOOOO good! I also make us frozen yogurt, sweetened only with fruit during the summer. Mmmmmmmm!
                        The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
                          Don't kick it. Eat it. Haagen Dazs. I crushed a pint of coffee over the weekend.

                          It's not cheating. If you like being on a diet... I can suggest this:

                          NutrisystemŽ - Official Site -Diet Plans&#44; Weight Loss Programs&#44; Diet Programs&#44; Lose Weight
                          Yeah! I wanna eat an entire pint one day as well
                          well then

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Michael B View Post
                            Good news, though! I'm not sure where most people are, but seeing that Mark is from SoCal and there seems to be a lot more primal stuff on the West Coast, you guys might be happy to know that Jeni's will be coming to Gelson's and Bristol Farms! Hope that means high quality cheating material for a lot of you out there!
                            Funny. When I saw this topic title, I thought, "Jeni's Splendid, if they sold it out here in SoCal". Then I saw this, and I cursed your name.

                            I've never had it, but my family back in Ohio rave about it. So thanks! I'll have to drop by a Gelson's and get me some!
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by onalark View Post
                              Funny. When I saw this topic title, I thought, "Jeni's Splendid, if they sold it out here in SoCal". Then I saw this, and I cursed your name.

                              I've never had it, but my family back in Ohio rave about it. So thanks! I'll have to drop by a Gelson's and get me some!
                              Ditto, when I see my sister(s), in Los Angeles.
                              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X