Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power of Grok Compels Me!

Something weird has been going on.

I know everyone keeps on telling me to eat more fat, but I'm 21, and it's against my nature to listen to those who are wiser.

But anyways, today something (or Grok!) came over me and made me eat two giant steaks and a can of tuna. And not only that, I also melted a stick of butter and poured it all over my weird breakfast.

I don't think I've ever eaten more than 2 tbs. of butter in one meal... so what's going down (in china town)?!

Then I got sick.

So why did I even eat that much butter if it was too much? Is my body's intuition out of whack?

After this I promised myself to never repeat this sort of thing. I also promised myself I won't eat for a year after what I just ate.

But come dinner time and I'm pouring fat all over my pork and cabbage.

And getting seconds.

The other day I ate creamed coconut with a spoon.

Call an exorcist!

Why am I craving fat all of a sudden? And how do I keep myself from getting sick?

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Protein should be mostly fixed, so if you're eating low carb, you're body needs some form of energy. You have to be careful, however, with these cravings. I say, gradually increase the fat content in your food and you'll quickly learn how much is too much and vice versa. Just listen to your body.

Comment

I'm trying to, but all I'm getting right now is a zombie-grumble "mmmmbutttttteeeer moooooooore butttttttter"

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Haha, well clearly your body didn't like that so much! Personally, I think the weird part was combining tuna with steak. That's just weird to me.

Not a surf and turf fan.

Comment

Haha! It wasn't even the good kind, it was like canned tuna!

And what happened was that I didn't want veggies, I wanted steak. After I was done, I wanted another one. And even after this one and all the butter, I thought a can of tuna would finish things off nicely. Then I ate half a tomato.

Weird.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

I find if I eat too much fat too quickly, my digestion is not happy. I'm minus one gallbladder, so maybe that has something to do with it. If I eat the same stuff over a period of hours, though, my body seems to be able to handle it better. Maybe your body needed some more time to process everything?

Comment

You simply overloaded your digestive system. Digesting two types of animals is far more arduous a task than digesting one, pour on some heat-damaged dairy with no living bacterial culture left to aide in its digestion and factor in the huge amount of food it was in total. Yeah you got sick.

How about normal portion sizes with one type of animal and a reasonable amount of raw butter. Report back

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I've been feeling weird when eating canned tuna lately, I think it's just so overcooked to death it feels like chewed rope or something equally inedible.. I used to love it when I was a kid! Dunno what changed, I think I've just become more in tune with my body since going primal.. Too bad I've got a couple cans left in the pantry, maybe if I have some broth at the same meal the gelatin will help..

Comment

Vague advice like "listen to the mysterious energy your body omits when you think of fat" doesn't help! I either listen to it and eat too much or I don't and have too little.

My question is how much is enough? How do you know these things?

I didn't intentionally stuff myself with butter for shits and giggles, I just wanted to eat it. All I kept hearing in the back of my mind is: 'fat is good', so I figured it was the right thing to do!

And raw butter.... HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good joke. Raw dairy is illegal here, and if by chance they have some raw butter somewhere, over the rainbow, it'll be very hard to find.

Butter and duck fat is all I have to put on my lean conventional meat, which is all I can get. And duck fat doesn't taste good.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Trial and error NSwoM!! The next time you feel Grokish, try half a stick of butter!

Just like the next time I'm in china town I'm not eating 2/3rds of a pound of pork fat.

Comment

Vague advice like "listen to the mysterious energy your body omits when you think of fat" doesn't help! I either listen to it and eat too much or I don't and have too little.

But that's how you figure it out. Trial and error.

I mean, the fact that you think duck fat doesn't taste good is proof that you're not listening to your body!

Joking!

Sort of!

Comment

Yeah, I can only recommend trial and error. Start with a little, and then add a bit more next time.

I can eat a seemingly infinite amount of butter. When I was malnourished as a child, I used to sneak downstairs at night and stuff butter into my mouth. This was until the parents who starved me found out.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

It seems like I remember you saying you were once prone to binge eating. Is that that you kept eating butter and steak because you were hungry, or because you wanted the taste (cravings)? You may need to find a way to mentally separate cravings from hunger.

I find it helps me to use cravings to plan ahead. Like right now, I really want a baked sweet potato with butter on it. I am planning a meal around that for supper, so I will look forward to it all day. I am doing pulled pork in primal barbeque, with a baked sweet potato on the side. Just remember, if you get full, and you still crave it, wait a few hours and have another round.

Grok likely ate tons right after a kill, because he had no way to preserve it. However, it was not all at once... it would have been lots of small meals that day. Not just one big one. As you found out, the body doesnt handle one huge on that well... (ok ,thats what she said... couldnt resist)

Comment

By raw butter I just meant don't melt it over stuff. It will have a bacterial culture if not heated but when heated, the bacterial culture is killed.

So basically don't stuff yourself full of TWO types of animal at a time a pour dead bacteria all over them and you'll be good.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Another thing to consider is TOM (time of the month). I crave fatty stuff a lot at that time. Don't worry though, your metabolism speeds up to compensate.

My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X