No announcement yet.

The Power of Grok Compels Me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabby, why do you think two types of animal in one go is more difficult for the body? Surely it's all a mish mash of protein, fats....etc?

Also butter has very little else in it bar the fat content so not sure which dead bacteria in particular you mean?

NSWM - maybe your body "knows" that it needs th efat, but your digestion hasn't caught up yet? What ese have you eaten or drunk all day?

Comment

NSWM, the power of Grok compells me too. Sometimes I crave meat so much it scares me.

When I went primal I used to add butter to my coffee. It was actually pretty good, I would stir it and the result would be a hot creamy emulsion, ideal for winter.

This passed though, it's like my body was craving fat for a long time so I stuffed myself with it at first, then I naturally gravitated towards fatty meat with no added fat.

The cool thing about going primal is that, once your body stabilizes, you can trust in it. Eat what you want when you want it in the quantities you want it, and you'll be fine. As long as it's primal food.

You will also find that the power of Grok will compel you on other non-diet-related stuff as well.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
      "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Chris, HAHAHA! Your life sounds like a good theme for a Hollywood movie! The starving young child, and the traumatic butter-bingeing experience! But YOU GET THE GIRL! :P

Don't get me wrong duck fat is good, but it doesn't really have a taste. Butter is milky and salty (even without the salt). That's why I prefer it.

Bretwality, I never had eating disorders or really binged. I use it as a figure of speech to describe eating 'crap' when I'm supposed to be on a diet. And I didn't sleep the night before, so I was awake for 10 hours without food, it's probably why I ate so much in the morning.

Stabby, you mean eating sold butter? That's gross! :P I melted it a bit to dip my stuck in it, I can't think of another way! :0

Jo, that is true!

Northern and Sinner, that's kinda what I thought. And since I'm always right so must you be! HAHA!

No really, great advice.

I definitely need to figure things out and I'm sure I'll get sick plenty of times until my body understands that the big portions I'm used to aren't ideal.

I didn't drink/ eat anything the night before i had that breakfast.

And butter in coffee.... mmmmmmm... but I don't drink coffee, so raw cocoa? mmmmmmm....

Buttttttttteeeeeeeeeer *homer simpson drool action*

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

All right well my only advice is eat a reasonable portion of one amount if meat. No it's not just a mish-mash of protein and fat. It's two separate animals that require separate treatment to break them down into protein and fat. It's a fact that the more complex a task the digestive system has, the more hard-pressed it is, the more likely you will be to get sick.

I think it's been said already but in the absence of carbs, fat is fuel. You are having carb cravings with fat.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

@NoSaladwithoutMeat: Duck taste has no fat? Blasphemy! Do you buy your duck pre-cooked? Roasted duck = heaven, and I won't rest until you've experienced this.

"I think it's been said already but in the absence of carbs, fat is fuel. You are having carb cravings with fat."

Interesting. Sometimes, on VLC, I'll get random overwhelming carb cravings. I'll cope by stuffing my face with fat, but in the end, only a carby food will take the craving away. I usually sneak in some veggies or fruits every couple of days or else I'll get cravings.

Comment

mmmmm I have a duck to roast in the next couple of days

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Salad: I haven't read the whole thread but I know that I initially have trouble with too much fat leading to being "sick." I think that you have to up the fat intake a little bit more slowly because your body probably needs to up it's bile production. That is totally a guess of why I think I had trouble with it.

Comment

Ice, I should have know not to mention duck with negative connotation, knowing the Asian community would roast be like BBQ pork.

My duck fat is pure, raw duck fat. It's not leftover from roast duck. It's just tasteless fat in a container.

I would not dare say anything negative about roasted duck out of fear of being kicked into the dog house :P

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

NSwoM: Right-o. I should hit you with my chopsticks. But then, you'd probably like that.

I found some ideas for you on what to do with duck fat:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/312012

Comment

Oooh, hit me! I'm so into S&M with cutlery!

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                      X