Thoughts on sugar-free gum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on sugar-free gum?

All sugar free gums still have a lot of nasty ingredients and sweetners. Now i know you don't swallow gum but it still gets in your saliva and you do swallow that. So, what are your thoughts?

Not primal! Bad sweeteners! If you don't think you can give up gum, at least invest in something less harmful, like this: Organic Pharmacy >> PRODUCTS (which has soy lecithin in it, so you can probably find something better if you search around the web.)
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

I still chew Extra gum, but tear my pieces in half. I have a couple halves per day, just after meals to clean up the mouth and freshen breath. Not primal, but hasn't killed me either.

Comment

Originally posted by alg2435 View Post
        Not primal! Bad sweeteners! If you don't think you can give up gum, at least invest in something less harmful, like this: Organic Pharmacy >> PRODUCTS (which has soy lecithin in it, so you can probably find something better if you search around the web.)
        Actually I've never chewed gum my entire life (about 3 times maybe) because Ithink the feeling of it is very gross. But I need something to ease my cravings.. What are other things I can chew on?

Comment

Try it if it keeps you away from worse things, like grains and sugar. I don't have any ideas, but I'm sure there are plenty of primals who have found a way!
          Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

I used to love chewing gum but like most everything else non-primal, it starts to taste like chemicals so it was easy to give up completely.
            52 year old Male
            Goal: 185lbs
            April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

I chew it on days when I forgot to brush my teeth
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I chew it once in a while but in general try not to.

Comment

I chew it after I have my coffee but no access to a place to brush my teeth. Mainly because I'm not going to spend a shit ton of money on those stupid Wisp things every day.
                  F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I don't know, but I'm about to start chewing the heck out of some. I chew tobacco and want to quit, but I'll never be able to without haing something to chew on. It has to be better than skoal or redman.

Comment

Migraines from the aspartame. Don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X