Which will burn more fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which will burn more fat?

1.) Daily IF, eating window from 12-8, carb cycling (high carb and low fat on training days), with training days being 2-3 times a week.

-versus-

2.) Daily IF, same eating window, constant primal (high fat and low carb on all days regardless of training), same number of training days, same intensity.

Which will shed fat quicker?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Measure yourself.

Blood Sugar 101

Blood sugar is a poor proxy for insulin, but it's the best and least expensive home measurement we've got.
    Last edited by js290; 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

bump. Let's be real, I'm not going to do that. Far too lazy.

Comment

1) especially with exercise
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Depends on your body, everyone is different. #1 would be better for me because my body responds terribly to constant low carb. I do best at 75-100g carbs and can lose 1-2lbs/week at that.

Comment

Carb cycling, #1. You can get the whole system from these guys:
            How To Build Muscle Fast With Lean Hybrid Muscle Building
            Last edited by fiercehunter; 05-02-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I'm going to experiment with #1 LeanGains style for a while. I'll report progress pictures in a month or two.

Comment

My vote was for number one as well.

Any time you cycle carbs like that, your body
                really has no clue WTF is up...... and me thinks it
                likes it......

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by bdilla View Post
                  1.) Daily IF, eating window from 12-8, carb cycling (high carb and low fat on training days), with training days being 2-3 times a week.

-versus-

2.) Daily IF, same eating window, constant primal (high fat and low carb on all days regardless of training), same number of training days, same intensity.

Which will shed fat quicker?
                  Why would you consider it more primal to eat high fat low carb? What kinds of carbs are you planning to eat on your carb cycling days? If you are thinking of eating pizza and donuts on those days, you probably won't have the best results. If you are planning to eat potatoes and bananas, well then, you're still constant primal, right?
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I am going to assume you are relatively lean already and an efficient fat burner. In this case #1 is a good option.
                    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      Why would you consider it more primal to eat high fat low carb? What kinds of carbs are you planning to eat on your carb cycling days? If you are thinking of eating pizza and donuts on those days, you probably won't have the best results. If you are planning to eat potatoes and bananas, well then, you're still constant primal, right?
                      Because by nature that's what it is. And no... lol. Was thinking more along the lines of white rice, potato, maybe some forms of bread or pasta.

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
                      I am going to assume you are relatively lean already and an efficient fat burner. In this case #1 is a good option.
                      Your assumption is correct. I am ranging from 175-185 lbs at 6'3; this is my attempt at breaking my plateau, getting rid of the love handles and stomach fat, and adding muscle everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X