Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felt like I was starving by dinner and craving only meat. Is this normal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felt like I was starving by dinner and craving only meat. Is this normal?

Starving today! Absolutely crazed for protein! By the time I got home from work I literally couldn't think of doing anything but eating as soon as possible and all I wanted to eat was meat. I didn't want any veggies or carbs or anything.

Yup, it happens.

Comment

It's not abnormal (in my very limited experience, that being myself and one of my friends). There are some days where I want nothing more than a bloody steak and I can feel the hunger all day (which is distracting as all get up).
      turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Comment

yep happens here too, and if it does, I just go with it

Comment

I had one of those days not long ago. There was some leftover t-bone steak in the fridge, and my partner almost fell over laughing when he came into the kitchen and caught me gnawing it off the bone while leaning against the kitchen counter.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
            Yup, it happens.
            This. No worries.

I also have days where I want mostly veg... I think it balances out.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I haven't been hungry today, and only had a lamb sausage for breakfast. But just before I got hungry and had a huge urge for fatty, spicy chicken nibbles, which I just had cooked in ghee and coconut oil. I love having fat dripping down my chin LOL

Comment

Thanks for the words of support guys! I wasn't really worried, but it was so different from the first few weeks where I mostly was able to eat when I was hungry and fasted every few days.

I wound up eating an unknown amount of grilled mahi mahi and bacon that my wonderful husband made for me after I got home and was like "MEAT!"

I didn't even feel full...it was strange...I feel good today though. Just had 3 eggs, and I'm taking a huge amount of the fish with me for lunch...

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  I had one of those days not long ago. There was some leftover t-bone steak in the fridge, and my partner almost fell over laughing when he came into the kitchen and caught me gnawing it off the bone while leaning against the kitchen counter.
                  That picture in my mind is very primal!

Comment

Yes, it happens to me too when I am very hungry & had sufficient starch (or at least that's how I niterpret it). At times, I even crave raw meat, rather than cooked one, mostly because our grass-fed meat looks and smells so darn good. I ate a few raw pieces a couple of times, and they were very yum. I do crave carbs too at other times.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I made a steak recently where I cooked it in the oven under very low heat (275 degrees) to an internal temperature of only 105 degrees. Then seared it a little to hold in the juices. Then let it rest for 10 minutes. It was pure red inside and oh so good. Apparently low heat cooking like this doesn't actually "cook" the meat so much as break down the fibers so it's easier to digest. Next time you are craving meat, make it like that and you'll really be satisfied.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        I made a steak recently where I cooked it in the oven under very low heat (275 degrees) to an internal temperature of only 105 degrees. Then seared it a little to hold in the juices. Then let it rest for 10 minutes. It was pure red inside and oh so good. Apparently low heat cooking like this doesn't actually "cook" the meat so much as break down the fibers so it's easier to digest. Next time you are craving meat, make it like that and you'll really be satisfied.
                        That sounds very good. I will have to make a note of it, and since I already like my steaks to be more rare anyway it should be perfectly lovely!!

As it is, I'm already finding myself eager to get home and have dinner. We've been having more fish that red meat this week. Had to ask my husband to pick up some steaks today, since I think that's what I really want...bacon and fish can only really go so far...

Comment

Mmmmm...meat... I have meat craving days, too! The other day, I would've KILLED someone for a nice, juicy fried (no coating!) chicken thigh with crispy skin and fat running down my arm. I couldn't wait to get home and throw a few in the frying pan!
                          Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                            I'm curious about this...I've always heard of doing it the other way round? Sear it to seal the juices then cook it to your taste (I skip this part as I eat mine rare). But it seems as you said your not actually cooking it (least not much)....looks like I have an experiment to try.

Comment

Working...
                            X