Breaking news about my kids!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news about my kids!

Yes this is more important than anything else you are doing right now. You know why? Cause its about my kids . Seriously though, just posting to say my 2 year old just downed 1/2lb of chicken livers 2 carrots and 1/4 pound of cantaloupe for dinner. This kinda sucks. He actually ate MY portion of the chicken livers . Little bugger. But he was going to town so well I didn't have the heart to say no. Guess its salmon from a can with some greens for me.

I know what you mean! Sometimes I think "they won't eat this, there'll be plenty for me" and then they eat TONS and I don't get to have as much or lunch the next day...but I can't really get upset because, I mean they are eating...

Comment

great!

Comment

Oh wow!
        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Wow is right! Yay for you ... while my 9 yr old declares that liver will never touch his lips *sigh*
          SW: 243
          CW: 177
          Goal: Health

Comment

Originally posted by KerryK View Post
            Wow is right! Yay for you ... while my 9 yr old declares that liver will never touch his lips *sigh*
            He wouldn't touch the beef liver...but, apparently chicken liver is right up his alley. I do know it is much milder in flavor, but I wasn't expecting such an enthusiastic response.

Comment

My kid thinks that chicken livers are chicken nuggets.

Salmon from a can doesn't sound like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                My kid thinks that chicken livers are chicken nuggets.

Salmon from a can doesn't sound like fun.
                Lol...Not so bad, I got good organic spring mix (my gardens first pickings this year) and the salmon is wild caught bones and skin included. I make a terrific salad dressing .

Comment

Great news, indeed!

Comment

Man I wish I had had a clue about food when my kids were that age. You're lucky. Once they get older you have no more control. There's a chance you can accustom them to good food now and they will carry it into their older years.

Comment

Originally posted by dbalch View Post
                      Man I wish I had had a clue about food when my kids were that age. You're lucky. Once they get older you have no more control. There's a chance you can accustom them to good food now and they will carry it into their older years.
                      I actually have no illusions about "the college years", but having them learn how to cook/prepare real food and what constitutes a real tasty meal are things I hope they carry for life. I just want them to have the knowledge that has been essentially lost to my generation and even the one before mine. How to make real meals. I came around when finding primal....my mom use to make a very primal meal called pot roast. Carrots, onions, garlic, celery, potato (now accepted ) and a big ole fatty piece of meat. Getting back to basics works. My kids love the garden we plant each year(the only veggies my oldest will eat are from here)
                      and I'm bout to add some chickens to the mix.
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Cool!
                        I always loved livers even as a youngun! I am glad to find out they are good for you, now I eat em all the time!
                        I like taking pictures of my food!

MT's Primal Feedbag:
                        http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Comment

I'm trying to think of a cute MDA term for children.

Groklings? Groklets? Something like that...

Comment

Working...
                          X