No announcement yet.

White stuff for my coffee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This stevia trick is interesting to me....

Why does this work? Anyone know?
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Good coffee is meant to be drank black, period. Putting anything in it is just plain wrong. The key is that is has to be GOOD coffee. The taste is heavenly when its high quality stuff. No calories to boot!

Comment

what's your favorite? im getting tired of starbucks med roast...
        Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
          Good coffee is meant to be drank black, period. Putting anything in it is just plain wrong. The key is that is has to be GOOD coffee. The taste is heavenly when its high quality stuff. No calories to boot!
          +1
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by ASmallOne View Post
            what's your favorite? im getting tired of starbucks med roast...
            Go on the internet and search out good organic coffee in your area. It led me to a couple real good sources right down the road from me.

Comment

cultured dairy?

Comment

For iced coffee I mix 1 scoop whey powder w/2 shots espresso, water and ice. Tastes like a latte to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
                  Go on the internet and search out good organic coffee in your area. It led me to a couple real good sources right down the road from me.
                  good idea. i'm coming from oregon (home of delicious coffee) to way out on long island (home of... dunkin donuts interspersed with mcdonalds... or at least that's all i know so far)... i hope there is good organic coffee here too!
                  Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

This stevia trick is interesting to me....

Why does this work? Anyone know?
                    I've been meaning to do a google search on it, haven't had time/brainspace. I'm curious myself. Related- it's tough to make ice cream with stevia as a sweetener in those (awesome) cuisinart home ice cream makers. (of which I actually have two, lol.) It's because stevia doesn't have the particular chemical quirk of sugar that lowers the melting point of the mixture juuuuust enough to be right. Stevia ice cream will just freeze solid to the side of the bowl, the scrapers are just not fast enough.

Chemistry is fun.

So it's probably some chemical quirk of stevia. It's actually a herb, a pretty complex phytochemical. I'm sure steviosides or whatever they're called are more chemically complex than sucrose, which is just a couple of simple hydrogens, oxygens and carbons stuck together.
                    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
                    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
                    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
                    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Comment

good idea. i'm coming from oregon (home of delicious coffee) to way out on long island (home of... dunkin donuts interspersed with mcdonalds... or at least that's all i know so far)... i hope there is good organic coffee here too!
                      The one I've been drinking the past few weeks is from a company called Peace Coffee. Its fair trade, organic coffee beans. I've done a lot of searching and this is maybe the best I've found yet. They've got different varieties and they've all been really good so far. They have a web site so google them. If they don't have a retailer near you, they will ship it to your house. Luckily I have one near me. As luck would have it, this business also sells fresh produce, all organic and the prices are quite reasonable!

Comment

Working...
                      X