Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How man calories are in a tablespoon of heavy cream after its whipped?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How man calories are in a tablespoon of heavy cream after its whipped?

1 tablespoon of just cream is 50-60 cals but does tha change per tablespoon after it is whipped?

say you whip 1/2 cup cream which would be around 400 calories how much would that yield in whipped cream and would the amount of caloies be the same for 1/2 a cup of cream in whipped form vs fluid form?

just curious here. trying to hit a set number of calories.

Data for whipped here:

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cream, fluid, heavy whipping

Yay for Google! It's magic!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

No. If you beat an egg til it's fluffy, it still has the same calorie count as a boiled egg. Increasing the air volume of food does not change the caloric content. Is this your question or am I misunderstanding you?
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

This is kind of like the old question "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?"

Comment

If you mean for the same VOLUME (a tablespoon of whipped heavy cream will be less actual cream than a tablespoon of UNwhipped heavy cream) then just measure it before you whip it.
          carl's cave

Comment

Measure your cream then whip it. How much you whip it determines the volume. All whipping does is aerate the cream...
            I'm not sure how you can measure if you are using a canister....Whipping cream by hand with a whisk- counts as a workout, LOL!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

You could get a really spiffy scale... and measure it by weight.
              1 Tablespoon should be 15 grams by weight... just dollop 15 grams of whipped cream onto the scale.

Then to avoid using the scale every time... put that into a measuring cup that fits it the closest. I'm guessing the 1/4 c. would work. Maybe the 1/3 c...
              Then continue to measure by your eyeball and the same size cup every time. Like a slightly rounded 1/4 c = the same as 1 Tbs., or a slightly under-full 1/3 c = 1 Tbs.... however it works out for you.

*shrug*

I'm pretty sure this is why I don't count.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
              X