Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol

Bulletproof Fasting: The Rapid Fat Loss Protocol | The Bulletproof Executive

Anyone here tried this? Any thoughts? I am a female with about 20 lbs to lose. I have been primal for a year and a half and lost 20 lbs. in the first 8 months and not much since. I am looking for something to kickstart it. Just wondering if this is too extreme or if I should give it a shot? Would love to know if anyone else here has tried it. Input greatly appreciated!

I havent read it all, I stopped when I got to this part, since you said only 20 pounds to lose.

This is also not intended for people who are already fairly lean (10-14% body fat). It is designed for obese and severely overweight people who want to lose fat as fast as possible.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I'm not exactly "fairly lean (10-14% body fat)" though.

Comment

I say why not experiment for a little bit and see what happens. One way to interpret your plateau is that you need to do something a little different to re-start the weight loss again. If it works, great; if it doesn't work, try something else until you obtain the desired results.
        In Sanity,
        Charlie

Weight: 350/200 (within 16 months)/205
        Body Fat: 50%/12%/10%

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

Comment

I have been doing the BP coffee with IF (fast-5) for a little over a week now. It is painless. I was gaining and losing the same 2 pounds, but I had a loss of 1.8 after a week of this so I am hoping it is gone for good this time. I am anxious for my next weigh in.
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

That's a looooooot of supplements! Other than that I don't see an issue. Not that supplements are necessarily an issue, I just see it as a bit excessive
            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
            --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
              That's a looooooot of supplements! Other than that I don't see an issue. Not that supplements are necessarily an issue, I just see it as a bit excessive
              It's really pricey for the supplements... he said they are supplements we should be taking anyway. I already have some of them, too, and it would still cost me a couple hundred to buy the ones I don't have. Maybe I will just do the bulletproof coffe in the morning and buckle down on my eating.

Comment

Also I think that anytime a MALE writes "10-14%" bodyfat, that's in guy terms. On a female that would be about 20%, give or take - you should account for the essential fat that differentiates the genders.

Comment

I didn't really see it, but is one supposed to avoid working out during this deal?
                  iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Comment

Exercise?

Comment

It's like the Atkins Fat Fast. Not sure about the coffee part but the butter part is right on.
                      Atkins Article : The Fat Fast

3-5 or even 10 days of this wouldn't hurt most people. Good luck, if you aren't losing weight the slow way you might want to speed the process up some.

Comment

You also might want to check out Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet.
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i heard about Bulletproof Coffee that improves brain function, increases fat loss, and keeps us full. we never feel hungry that help us to loose weight

Comment

I tried drinking butter tea with salt in the morning (like Tibetian tea), delay the first meal till 2 pm or so, eating eggs and meat, with some mostly green veggies, and doing only light cardio, like biking and running/walking on the beach while on vacations. Sounded like a great plan! I won't excercise, but I will be full on high fat-high protein, my calories will be low, yay!

It backfired.

I was binging in the evenings on nuts and peanut butter I was making for my kid (we were visiting my mom, so the choice of foods was what she had) in 3 days. I was starved out of my mind and depressed watching everyone happily eating loads of fruit, bread, sweets. I was trying to slap my face and get out of the room to not see it, but it is a tiny house.

My valiant efforts to do high fat/high protein triggered a carb binge once I got home, fruit, and grains, and then the sweets, the usual deal. By the end of the vacation and 2 day binge I have gained 6-10 lbs, going from 115 to 122+ lbs (I was too depressed to weigh right away, I am sure I was bloated up to over 125 lbs). Still trying to take it off, hoping to get back to my steady 115-117 in another months or two of moderate carbs, Lean Gain, steady workouts and 5-HTP. Carb deprivation is not for everyone.
                            Last edited by Leida; 05-10-2012, 06:23 AM.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Well you have to know that the reason you gained 6-10 lbs was all water weight. I did the same thing two weeks ago, I had a night of drinking for my bachelorette, then I ate crappy (grains and sugars) the following two days and I bloated up like a freaking puffer fish! It was horrible I was carrying so much water. It has taken me almost two weeks to get rid of the water weight. So know that it will come off, you just need to give it some time. It won't happen overnight. If I were you, I wouldn't weigh for a couple weeks. Weighing now will only discourage you and push you further down in the dumps emotionally, which won't help either.

Just curious, what is the longest stretch you have gone without eating processed carbs and/or sugars? (not including fruits and tubers)

Comment

Working...
                              X