Sweet Potatoes and weight loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Potatoes and weight loss

I have just started PB 2 weeks ago and the weight is falling off! Today I would like to eat a sweet loyal which I know is PB approved but was wondering if anyone has had issues with them slowing down their weightloss.

Thanks!

Sweet POTATO. Not loyal, lol

Comment

When I was trying to actually lose some weight. Yes sweet potato would slow/stop it. But I was getting pretty light and intentionally upped my carbs to stop it/put some weight back on. YMMV.

Comment

I just thought it would be a good idea since Im uping my mileage this week. My runs have been quite slow.

Comment

Originally posted by PLewis View Post
          I just thought it would be a good idea since Im uping my mileage this week. My runs have been quite slow.
          Sounds good in that case. I'm sure you could use the extra fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by PLewis View Post
            I have just started PB 2 weeks ago and the weight is falling off! Today I would like to eat a sweet loyal which I know is PB approved but was wondering if anyone has had issues with them slowing down their weightloss.

Thanks!
            Blood Sugar 101

Comment

I thought they were good for after workouts and wouldn't stall weight loss?
              I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

They won't necessarily have any effect on your weight loss attempts.. Sometimes it helps people lose weight .. I know shocking.
                Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

A whole sweet potato only has about 26g of carbs and some of that is fiber.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I've added sweet potatoes in 2 times a week and I'm still losing weight. It hasn't stalled or slowed it down. I workout more now and need the fuel.

Comment

Sweet potatoes are one of the finest foods on the planet.
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        Sweet potatoes are one of the finest foods on the planet.
                        Word. I'm even more tempted to buy a case of them, having used them to fuel my post-workout meals.
                        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                          Word. I'm even more tempted to buy a case of them, having used them to fuel my post-workout meals.
                          I just bought a case of Organic sweet potatoes & yams at Costco. 10lbs for 6.99!
                          I eat 1/2 of one every other day and have been averaging 2 lbs of loss week. (15lbs in almost 7 weeks!) I also use them in curries or make baked french fries another 1-2 times a week. I think everyone is different, but you owe it to yourself to try it because dang are they tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by primalswan View Post
                            I just bought a case of Organic sweet potatoes & yams at Costco. 10lbs for 6.99!
                            I eat 1/2 of one every other day and have been averaging 2 lbs of loss week. (15lbs in almost 7 weeks!) I also use them in curries or make baked french fries another 1-2 times a week. I think everyone is different, but you owe it to yourself to try it because dang are they tasty!
                            Somewhat aware of the different varieties. I'm thinking of trying out some of the Asian yams. But, as far as the Costco case, is that for the standard sweet potato? I'm partial to the ones passed off as Yams (per Mark's prior posts), with the orange color to them.
                            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Question...how do all you guys store your potatoes once you get them home? I kinda have a potato and onion drawer, but I'm thinking the whole drawer idea doesn't allow for enough air circulation and they rot pretty darn quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X