X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% Grass-fed burgers at Costco!

They were giving out samples of hamburgers yesterday from this company:

http://www.tallgrassbeef.com/

I couldn't even find the burgers on their website, so maybe they're sold exclusively at Costco. It's a pack of 8 4-oz burgers for $12. The texture was wonderful, and they were pretty yummy.

where do you live? do you know if it's a nation wide thing?

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I'm in Northern California. (Santa Rosa store.) I have no idea if all the Costcos are carrying them; call your local store and request them if they don't.

Comment

I'm in Texas, and ours has it. I bought a package last weekend and made a meatza. Un-be-freaking-lievable.

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to see if our Costco has them.

Carpe Diem!

Comment

That is awesome!

I gotta check out mine to see if they've got em too!

-Sean

But... PCC buy my place is the same price... Hmmm, oh well. More people eating grass fed = very cool.

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

Just to clarify - these are frozen burgers, right?

The Costco in Hawaii used to sell "organic" (not grassfed, most likely) ground beef, nonfrozen, but no longer seems to carry it.

Comment

I just walked by a steakhouse looking for lunch and totally bailed when I read the term "100% corn fed beef", I mean I would have assumed this was the case, and just grunted "whatever" and walked in, but here they were bragging as if this was a good thing. AND charging an arm, and a leg for their steak to boot... I walked across the street to the Jamaican food cart, and had some super tasty, if dry, and fat deficient jerk chicken salad for about an 8th of the cost. Jamaican Jerk Chicken YOWZAH!! So tasty.

On several occasions I've had to "edumacate" the meat counter fellas at my local (un)Whole(some) Foods, and Fairway about why I wasn't jazzed to buy simply "organic" beef, and wanted grass fed. They just figure that crazy white people want to waste money on words. Ah well.

Comment

Checking it out this weekend. Very cool if it pans out.

Comment

I may just have to make a trip down to Charleston for those...no Costco here

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Dragonmama! I'm in Santa Rosa too! Headin' to costco now--I also noticed that Trader Joes is now carrying 1lb packages of organic grassfed hamburger!

Comment

Does anybody know is Sam's Club carries this??? The closest Costco is about 3 hours away or so (Charleston, SC -- only about 1.5 hrs but with traffic and navigating Charleston and Moncks Corner it comes out to about 3 or so).

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Ouis: Cool! If you stick around here for a while, maybe you and I could have a lunch date at the Costco food court. You know, one of those "Hot dog and all the soda pop you can drink" deals. (Just kidding!)

I can't tell from your name if you're a guy or a gal. If you're a guy, this is a warning: I'm already married.

I didn't know that TJs had grass-fed beef! Gotta look next time.

Mr. M: Yes, the burgers are frozen and pre-cooked. Just need to reheat on the grill or oven. That may not sound great but at Costco they prepared them in a little toaster oven, and they were really juicy and tasty.

Comment

im from far nor cal, im hoping the costco here is stocking them since we are in the same state, and in the same generalish area. i went to tj's to buy their grassfed beef but ours was very very very overpriced. 1 small steak was 15 dollars!

Comment

@DarthFriendly

I just had the SAME thing happen at a restaurant in my town. They were basically bragging about on their menus: "100% corn fed beef!"

I thought that was pretty funny - then I saw the prices. $30 for a steak... Haha, see ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X