tinned fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinned fish

hi, i am on quite a tight budget so find tinned mackerell in olive oil convenient and reasonably cheap.
    where do we stand on tinned fish??

I eat loads of sardines tinned in extra virgin olive oil. The only issue is the quality of the oil, but if that's the only worry in my diet then I can live with that!

Comment

my thoughts exactly. sardines are even cheaper but i really cant stomach them so mackerell it is for me!!

Comment

I've been meaning to try both but I'm kind of scared. I might bite the bullet and get one of each this week.

Comment

sardines imo are a lot stronger than mackerell, but theyre cheap enouygh so get both and see what you like!

Comment

Mackeral is like the lamb of the sea! Mild but deep flavour

Comment

Originally posted by Dan208 View Post
              I've been meaning to try both but I'm kind of scared. I might bite the bullet and get one of each this week.
              If you like hot sauce, some Louisiana Hot Sauce on sardines is EXCELLENT.
              Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Comment

I prefer mackerel in water, but I'm a big fan of it. I think it's a very underrated fish and I'm glad it's inexpensive.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

The Crown Prince Kippered Herring snacks are pretty cheap too. They have a nice smokey flavor to them.

Comment

I eat canned fish almost every day. I like to put mustard on it. I like sardines, mackerel and the salmon that has bones in it. In olive oil or in water. Don't matter.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Big Lots.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

It's primal fast food, great for preventing cooking fatigue, and very very portable.
                        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

The cheapest I found for tinned fish is Dollar General. I keep a stock of fish in my drawer at work.

Comment

I stay stocked up on canned fish at all times.

Comment

Working...
                            X