Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving up paleo

Today I decided to quit being "primal"
    I learned a lot and i know how to live healthy. I will make healthier choices than I did before I knew about paleo but for now I'm gonna be a 14 year old
    well then

Makes sense, have fun with that.

Comment

Great news. A slim 14 year old kid should not be worrying about whether or not he should be eating bread or not. Take it easy kiddo, enjoy your youth.

Comment

It is true that you shouldn't be worrying about these things. The good news is that you learned about eating real food. So take that knowledge and don't end up where the vast majority of people do. Remember that things like sugary products, breads and the like are as "BAD" as they are because of the complete overindulgence by people. Enjoy being a kid and do these things in true moderation.

Have fun!!

Comment

That sounds like a fabulous decision! Enjoy yourself!

Comment

Okay.

Don't let the cave door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Comment

gadsie, good for you. i'm happy to read this one. you've got a long life ahead, and you're healthy and you'll be happy.

Comment

At your age, it is a great time to focus on the opposite sex, wink, wink.

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                  At your age, it is a great time to focus on the opposite sex, wink, wink.

Grizz
                  This. Use protection, but make sure you have to use it often. Don't befriend girls or take interest in their lives (until you're.... 27 or so), that only leads to blue balls, go forth my son.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Remember what you've learned.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie and tell you its a good idea to go back to sugar, wheat and whatnot but still if you've learned some stuff then thats a good start. Tough to consider health a priority at 14 in this country. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        I'm not gonna lie and tell you its a good idea to go back to sugar, wheat and whatnot but still if you've learned some stuff then thats a good start. Tough to consider health a priority at 14 in this country. Good luck.
                        Thanks. By giving up paleo I btw don't mean going back to SAD. I still won't eat bread, sugar and processed foods everyday like I used to. But I might order a pizza and eat some cookies during the weekend. Also I will see fatty meat and butter as healthy and not consume the 0% fat products anymore
                        well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                          Thanks. By giving up paleo I btw don't mean going back to SAD. I still won't eat bread, sugar and processed foods everyday like I used to. But I might order a pizza and eat some cookies during the weekend. Also I will see fatty meat and butter as healthy and not consume the 0% fat products anymore
                          Well shit! You don't have to call it giving up then! I do that now and still call myself primal Welcome to the cheaters club!

Edit: Nevermind, you don't have to call what you eat anything at all. Labels are useless. Just eat, live, enjoy! Again good luck
                          Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Good for you! No one should ever have to spend their days and time obsessing about food. That in itself is unhealthy. I like to follow the French philosophy- everything in moderation, along with the Chinese- better to eat bad food with a good attitude than good food with a bad attitude.

This being said, it is always a little bit stressful when anybody makes a life change. Eating cleanly definitely falls into this category. Once you get into the habit of eating real food, then it is easy to stop stressing and just.....live your life. If your body and immune system are healed-even better! You can now easily overcome small amounts of toxins introduced (ie. the pizza and cookies).

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post

Comment

Good for you, dude. Real food plus plenty of fun stuff = a life of awesomeness. Way to be.
                              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X