Post Workout Meals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Workout Meals?

I know primal and Mark preach no dairy, but I've been drinking chocolate milk right after workouts for about 4 years and can't seem to give it up. Anyone have any other suggestions to supplement my chocolate milk fix?

chocolate protein powder with some coconut milk

Comment

Get a chocalate whey protein shake. I enjoy dairy sensibly. Whole pastured cream,, pastured butter, raw milk cheeses and if I need it whey protein post workout. I am at point where I don't want to get any leaner and cheese and coconut milk ice cream hold off any more unnecessary weight loss.
      Last edited by bryanccfshr; 04-24-2012, 06:23 PM.
      Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

If it's not causing you problems or holding you back, don't worry about it. Do try to go organic at the very least.

Lately I've been (thoroughly) enjoying the following as a post workout breakfast

1 cup milk
        chocolate whey
        Tropical Traditions greens
        2 raw eggs
        cocoa powder

OMG, that's like heaven after a run and you've been fasting for 13-16 hours.

Comment

Or just have a big ol' glass of chocolate milk.
          "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mark doesn't preach "no dairy". He recommends cutting it out for a few weeks to see if it's problematic, but he also recommends that for other potentially problematic foods like tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, cabbage...some people are sensitive to these things. He has many posts dedicated to selecting the best dairy choices and he's probably the biggest promoter of butter on the internet. He just wants you to get good dairy: grassfed, organic and preferably raw. I just purchased some raw cow's milk cheese and some sheep's milk cheese imported from England, along with 2 quarts of Greek yogurt and a pint of heavy cream. I have no issues.
            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I see no reason you should stop if you're eating cleanly otherwise. It's a littłe sugary but it's not going to kill you, especially if you're already active.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Many health supplement are available in this present marketing... So for it and try it self....

Comment

Working...
                X