Jaquelyn Kay's "diet sample"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaquelyn Kay's "diet sample"

I've written in another thread how I would like to have the lean, toned look of a fitness model or bikini model. One fitness model I like is Jaquelyn Kay. She eats Paleo and owns a Crossfit gym. She does, however, still follow the small meals a day plan while adhering to Paleo guidelines.

Here is a sample I found of her daily diet. Thoughts on this?

Meal 1: Almond-meal protein pancakes, made with eggs, almond meal and olive oil, or egg whites, blueberries and uncured turkey bacon from Trader Joe’s

Meal 2: A small apple with almond butter and a hard-boiled egg

Meal 3: Chicken breast or fish—my favorites are mahimahi, salmon or tuna—with green beans and avocado

Meal 4: Egg-and-veggie scramble and almonds

Meal 5: Either fish or ground turkey. I like to sauté onions, peppers and garlic with my dinners and top it off with some homemade guacamole.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

It looks very healthy and clean. However, it also looks really boring, and I could not stick to that....but it looks like plenty of energy and nutrition. I bet eating like that makes for a hell of a hot body though!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

If she is any indication, it does! I'm on week 2 of a 30 day challenge, but I think I might switch it up this week and try the mini meal thing.

Comment

that looks like low-fat paleo. all good foods, but i agree that there's room for some more flavor and variety in there. you could have some great success with that. i'm not sure that the many small meals thing is necessary though. if anything, i would think it would be helpful with those foods to keep you sated...looks like it's probably pretty low in calories by the end of the day. you could easily spread those amounts over only two meals if you wanted to add in some fasting, but it's not necessary.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I think she accidentally forgot the almonds in meal 2 and 5.
          “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
          2013: 1/27 190~20%

Comment

It looks OK but don't buy too heavily in to the 5-6 meal a day thingie.

Comment

It seems more protein centered than anything, which makes it a lot less paleo and a lot more CW in my book.

It's like a gluten-free version of the typical ZONE diet most fitness junkies adhere to.

Of course, you should try it and see if it works for you. But I guess you have to ask yourself if you want a lifestyle or a diet. Something you can stick to or something that encompasses a tasteless, fatless existence.

(I do tend to get a bit dramatic though ;D)
              "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Haha, this is true! I don't mind boring during the week, as long as I have some variety on the weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by bchanel View Post
                  Haha, this is true! I don't mind boring during the week, as long as I have some variety on the weekends!
                  Go for it. Also, have you heard of the Every Other Day Diet?
                  Sort of what you described. Eating clean most of the week with cheat meals here and there.
                  "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Who has time to prepare six meals a day? Rich white people, that's who.
                    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                      Go for it. Also, have you heard of the Every Other Day Diet?
                      Sort of what you described. Eating clean most of the week with cheat meals here and there.
                      I haven't heard of that! Maybe I should look into it. I'm the kind of person that needs a little structure in my eating or I will keep bending the lines as far as I can, haha. If I know I can have chocolate tomorrow, I'm okay with abstaining today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                        Who has time to prepare six meals a day? Rich white people, that's who.
                        Do rich people of color have less time in the day?

Comment

Meal 1: Almond-meal protein pancakes, made with eggs, almond meal and olive oil, or egg whites, blueberries and uncured turkey bacon from Trader Joe’s
                          Almond meal is high in omega 6. It's protected in its skin, but we're grinding it up into a powder and exposing an order of magnitude greater surface area to light and air. Then, we're eating it up on a 350+ degree skillet. That is a recipe for oxidized polyunsaturated fat and systemic inflammation. I do not eat nut meals and stay away from any nut that isn't raw. I would never do this. And turkey bacon? Blech. And why are we throwing away the egg yolk? Olive oil pancakes? Huh?

Meal 2: A small apple with almond butter and a hard-boiled egg
                          This is a snack. Totally useless and unnecessary. Avoid.

Meal 3: Chicken breast or fish—my favorites are mahimahi, salmon or tuna—with green beans and avocado
                          I would eat this meal. I would prefer fish to chicken breast, preferably salmon.

Meal 4: Egg-and-veggie scramble and almonds
                          Useless snack. Avoid.

Meal 5: Either fish or ground turkey. I like to sauté onions, peppers and garlic with my dinners and top it off with some homemade guacamole.
                          Red meat much? Why the saturated fat fear?

I eat two meals a day consisting of actual food. I prefer beef, lamb and fish to chicken and pork, but that's just my personal tastes. Why the hyper-focus on snacking, the fear of saturated fat and the unnatural nut consumption? Nuts should be a treat - maybe a handful twice a week or so. Chances are they never made up any considerable chunk of calories in the human diet anyway outside of isolated societies. And why almonds? There are so many other better choices. Hazelnuts, macadamias, cashews, pecans and walnuts are all more healthful than almonds and IMO are much better tasting.

This is a total CW diet - 5 small meals a day/constant snacking (and constantly elevated blood sugar and insulin - not healthy!), nuts in lieu of animal fats, processed nut flours, white meat in lieu of red meat, egg whites instead of whole eggs...I don't like it at all and if this was "paleo" I never would have started eating this way.
                          Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-25-2012, 10:25 AM.
                          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I haven't heard of that! Maybe I should look into it. I'm the kind of person that needs a little structure in my eating or I will keep bending the lines as far as I can, haha. If I know I can have chocolate tomorrow, I'm okay with abstaining today.
                            You should also read The Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmeckler & Fast 5 by Bert Herring, MD. Of course you have to work out to look hot but the crappy little mini meal system is way overrated.

Comment

I eat 5 or 6 small (or snack if you will) meals a day. I don't like the overly full feeling of eating all my calories in one or two meals and I work out at 5 AM in a fasted state, 5 days a week and am hungry when I'm done. I pretty much eat the same things every day, with a little variety in dinner and on the weekends. Of course my goal is still to gain a little more weight and maybe my insulin is all outta wack, I don't know, but what I'm doing seems to be working for me, I usually have plenty of energy (when my energy gets low I eat a sweet potato and that does it) and I'm happy. I'm 5'7, 117 pounds (up from 102!!) and a very non official online body fat measurement thing put me at 12% body fat.

Sample day for me:
                              6 AM - couple egg muffins (eggs, diced ham, onion, little cheddar cheese, spices) Plus a multi vitamin/mineral and two greens pills
                              8 AM - 1/2 grapefruit and some almonds and walnuts
                              10 AM - 2 raw celery stalks topped with natural Peanut Butter and dried cherries
                              Noonish - BAS with spinach, chard, kale, tomatoes, cucumber, purple cabbage, diced chicken breast, topped with Olive Oil and Apple cider Vinegar dressing an a whole raw carrot on the side. Some days after lunch I'll have a couple squares of 86% dark chocolate.
                              3 PM - Couple pieces homemade beef jerkey and some almonds and walnuts
                              6 PM - I do a lot of crock pot stuff, last night was Pork loin with white potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions.

I usually don't eat after dinner but occasionally I will indulge in a square or too of dark chocolate, usually if I didn't eat any after lunch.

I know that seems really radical to a lot of people on here but for now it seems to be working for me and my physique has REALLY improved. Anyhow, just my two cents, I got a couple pics on my profile if you want to check them out.

Cheers and good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X