Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb Type vs Protein Type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carb Type vs Protein Type

    I understand that some people are carb type and others are protein type, and some are a combination of the two. What does this mean and what are the ramificiations of being a carb vs protein type?

  • #2
    what makes you think you understand that?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

    Comment


    • #3
      What are you talking about?
      Lifting Journal

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by XGrains View Post
        I understand that some people are carb type and others are protein type, and some are a combination of the two. What does this mean and what are the ramificiations of being a carb vs protein type?
        that's completely... wrong. sorry, i have no idea where you heard that. everyone needs protein. or they die. there are no 'protein types.'

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jakey View Post
          that's completely... wrong. sorry, i have no idea where you heard that. everyone needs protein. or they die. there are no 'protein types.'
          This... Protein and fat are both 100% necessary to a healthy life. The AMOUNT of carbs is more individual.
          Not one or the other.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

          Comment


          • #6
            Perhaps I should have written, "metabolic type". From what I've read, metabolic typing has nothing to do with eating only carbs or protein or fat. It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently. It also concerns how some people will do better with a higher ratio of carbs to fat and protein and others a lower ratio. I saw the following article and was wondering if there was anything to metabolic typing and how it might affect a Paleo diet. I was looking for some insight, not excite.


            http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...-eating/page/1
            Last edited by XGrains; 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by XGrains View Post
              I understand that some people are carb type and others are protein type, and some are a combination of the two. What does this mean and what are the ramificiations of being a carb vs protein type?
              Sounds like some ridiculous blood type diet-esque hoogy moogy. But that's just my gut reaction. Never heard of it.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by XGrains View Post
                Perhaps I should have written, "metabolic type". From what I've read, metabolic typing has nothing to do with eating only carbs or protein or fat. It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently. It also concerns how some people will do better with a higher ratio of carbs to fat and protein and others a lower ratio. I saw the following article and was wondering if there was anything to metabolic typing and how it might affect a Paleo diet. I was looking for some insight, not excite.


                Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should? - Page 1

                Yeah, I basically disagree with the premise of this. So no metabolic typing is only "real" in terms of your personal and maybe immediate family history of metabolic disease and or injury, and your current adaptations to whatever amounts of micros and macros you are consuming. Sure there are some genetic attributes that allow some people to produce more amylase or something, but in general these small nuances are not enough to make a difference in your human diet. If they are you will likely have to figure it out the hard way with some serious N=1.

                Meh, dont like any of her breakdowns anyhow i'm 65%fat, 20%protein, 15%carb. What sort of metabolizer am I based on that chart?
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you ask me, I'm a protein type because I'm made of meat, not starch and sugar.

                  This guy has an interesting hypothesis that there are different types of obesity with different causes that respond to different treatments. It's not at all what you are talking about, but interesting reading anyway.
                  Obesity starts in the brain*/* Getting Stronger
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi There Xgrains!

                      I have heard of metabolic typing... The eating plan The Diet Solution (Beyond Diet) use this test to get your ratios of food eaten, right for your metabolic type....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Sounds like some ridiculous blood type diet-esque hoogy moogy. But that's just my gut reaction. Never heard of it.
                        Ok, I just have to say I love "hoogy moogy". Made my night.

                        As for the OP, I don't think we can point to certain people and say "you're x, so you need x amount of protein, or you're y, so you need y amount of carbs" it doesn't work that way. I needed different amounts of protein and carbs when I was breastfeeding, just as I need more carbs on really intense days (mountain climbing etc) rather than days spent lounging about the house in my underwear. There is no formula.

                        Many people on this forum have found that VLC is detrimental to their health, leading to fatigue, mood imbalances, and other health issues. Other's swear by VLC, and have found increased virility, energy, and many health benefits.
                        The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X