Becoming more social and alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming more social and alcohol

My coworkers and I are getting a lot more social now that we've been working together for a while and they want to start going out once or twice a week. I don't want to bust $10 on a glass of shitty wine every time, and I'm concerned about the liver thing, especially since I drink wine several times a week now with the new bf. Any tips for navigating through this? I have a lot of activated charcoal pills...
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Club soda with lime always works . . . 5 Painless Ways To Be A (Paleo) Social Butterfly | theclothesmakethegirl

It's also delicious with tequila every once in a while I just turned 21, and I'm giving myself a free pass for alcohol for a bit as long as I can avoid sugary mixers.

Comment

Don't give in to the pressure if you don't feel like drinking, they should understand, I trust you're not working with teenagers.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Virgin Bloody Mary. It's a drink and a salad all in one.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Mmm I do like tomato juice. Does anybody find these drinks really salty though?

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            Add hot sauce... then "it's a drink and a salad, and a party, all in one!
            My preference is for a big ol' pour of Tabasco Chipotle in there.

I can't drink them out... as they are salty. I drink the "low sodium" at home... it's a great source of potassium too.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Most people are fine if others don't drink so don't over think it. If someone does go on about it they probably have a problem with alcohol themselves so it's not a reflection on you. My own experience is that most people don't notice you drinking a non alcoholic drink and after one or two sessions won't even think about it. Some might even secretly envy your willpower.
              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Good point, jo. I will just order a bunch of virgin drinks. Probs won't go for the tomato juice, though, even if it sounds really tasty >_<

Comment

Rum.

What was the question?
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Yup. Virgin drinks.. Some are quite nommy.

Or If you do want something alcoholic what about cider ? (no wheat)
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I totally agree about the cost & effects etc; alcohol shuts fat burning down for like a whole day. Go to Bulletproof Exec site for tips on how to detox it etc, ie what supplements to take before & after etc.

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about cider. I tried it when in the UK and I actually kind of liked it. Good suggestion

Grumpy, I hate rum I also hate pretty much all spirits save vodka, and only really good and expensive vodka at that. Everything else just tastes like rubbing alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                          Rum.

What was the question?
                          Apparently it was "what am I drinking?"

Comment

Have you tried gin and tonic? G&T is light and easy to drink. If you feel the effects of alcohol too much, make the G&T last. The bar should provide a whole small bottle of tonic water so you can top up your drink and dilute it further. Of course it is full of sugar, but it is very palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                              Oh yeah, I totally forgot about cider. I tried it when in the UK and I actually kind of liked it. Good suggestion

Grumpy, I hate rum I also hate pretty much all spirits save vodka, and only really good and expensive vodka at that. Everything else just tastes like rubbing alcohol.

Cider in the UK is the same as hard cider in the US and is usually an alcoholic drink. Cider in the US, as I understand it, is alcohol free.
                              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X