Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate benefits

Hi All,
    Agree with 11 that chocolate is good for health. Some benefits of chocolate are:
    Chocolate is great antioxidant,
    Chocolate lowers blood pressure,
    Chocolate prevents from cancer,
    Chocolate lowers cholesterol level,
    Chocolate fights against tooth decay,

Um, you seem to have inexplicably missed the most important benefit:

Chocolate tastes great and makes you feel happy

Comment

Originally posted by maclrc View Post
      Um, you seem to have inexplicably missed the most important benefit:

Chocolate tastes great and makes you feel happy
      Indeed!

Do you guys buy chocolate in a bar form, or as cocoa powder to 'bake' with? I love 90% lint chocolate (99% is too much for me, after testing 3 bars), but sometimes I think it needs sprucing up a little... I did create a different version of "Grok rocks" using dried unsweetened cherries though!

Comment

Ahhh you guys. I was just browsing through the blog 'chococolate covered katie'. She's vegan, but most of her desserts are made with fats, nuts, and fruit. They look absolutely decedant...and quite healthy in small doses.
        Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

85% green and blacks keeps me away from other sugars .. a square a day keeps the crap away!
          started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

I go raw cacao powder, raw cacao nibs and 100% chocolate bars, just love the bitter taste, always have.

Comment

I also have never been into sweet chocolate, although I used to eat it before primal because it was there. I don't really eat chocolate now because I know that it will hurt my stomach, but occassionally indulgences do happen. the benefit to me of a really high quality baking chocolate square is that IT TASTES AWESOME.

Sometimes I give in. Ah well, I'm human.
              Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
              Friend me on "The Facebook"
              Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Hi guys just letting you know that soon we will have Paleo Chocolate ready for when you need your chocolate fix

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                  85% green and blacks keeps me away from other sugars .. a square a day keeps the crap away!

That's my favorite as well. Searched it out when I saw that Mark recommended it. Sure doesn't taste bitter like most dark chocolate with that high a %! But then, I don't eat it for taste. I keep it in the medicine cabinet! LOL

It's expensive at WalGreen's. I just bought a box of 10 from Amazon at a discount.
                  I use 2 squares per day:
                  42 calories
                  3 carbs
                  3 fat
                  1 protein

Comment

I loff Chocolate. 100% Cocoa, unsweetened is the bomb. I never realized how badly sugar was ruining the taste until I started eating it without. Mmmmm.
                    The Foxhunting Friesian

Comment

Originally posted by Chatty View Post
                      That's my favorite as well. Searched it out when I saw that Mark recommended it. Sure doesn't taste bitter like most dark chocolate with that high a %! But then, I don't eat it for taste. I keep it in the medicine cabinet! LOL

It's expensive at WalGreen's. I just bought a box of 10 from Amazon at a discount.
                      I use 2 squares per day:
                      42 calories
                      3 carbs
                      3 fat
                      1 protein
                      Today I actually found the converse to be true. Was at Walgreens getting a thermometer and I noticed that the high quality chocolate bars there were 2 for 3 dollars (maybe you had to have a Wal-friend card or whatever they call it though). Thought that was cheap compared to what I've seen at a grocer. Didn't buy any though.
                      Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                      Friend me on "The Facebook"
                      Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Found Black & Green 85%, at Walmart for $2.79 each.
                        Last edited by Chatty; 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Chocolate fights against tooth decay

Lies. Chocolate is HIGH in phytic acid. It is a bean. It has many other plant toxins like all other seeds, legumes, kernels, nuts, grains and whatever else the reproductive thing of a plant is called. It doesn't want to be eaten, period.

Chocolate will make the tooth fluids run the opposite way, discolor your teeth and eventually start a small cavity. Chocolate is extremely BITTER in its natural state, only when binding it with other 'agents' and sugar is when it becomes palatable to us.
                          Go buy 100% cocoa and try and eat it...you'll see.

(Ramiel Nagel, Cure Tooth Decay)

Comment

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

There's only one store in my area that carries the Black & Green chocolate, but the highest % is 70%. I bought it because I'm still enteringthe world of dark chocolate, so I need to work my way up with higher %. Anyway, I found Lindt chocolate that goes up to 90%, but wasn't sure on the quality. I know I can order online, but money is a big factor for me. I'd rather just not have the chocolate and spend my $ on more meats and veggies. If the Lindt is good quality though, I would buy a bar because it will last me awhile as I don't have it every day.

So can anyone give me advice/ opinions on the 90% Lindt?
                              Danni

Comment

Working...
                              X