No announcement yet.

Chocolate benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85% cocoa Lindt for me. Or EV coconut oil mixed with unsweetened cocoa + stevia. Sometimes I'd throw some all natural almond butter into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
      Lies. Chocolate is HIGH in phytic acid. It is a bean. It has many other plant toxins like all other seeds, legumes, kernels, nuts, grains and whatever else the reproductive thing of a plant is called. It doesn't want to be eaten, period.
      Chocolate is not a legume. It is a fruit. It has phytic acid, but phytic acid is overblown. It's an issue if the staples in your diet are oatmeal and wheat like most Americans, but we're not consuming 35% daily calories in chocolate. Phytic acid is a very potent anti-oxidant. Like anything else, phytic acid is only a problem if you consume TOO MUCH of it. Small doses of phytic acid seem to be anti-inflammatory and can actually be good for you, especially in a mineral rich Primal diet where heavy metal toxicity is more of an issue than the SAD.

Phytic Acid: Healthy or Harmful?
      Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 05-11-2012, 06:49 AM.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by maclrc View Post
        Um, you seem to have inexplicably missed the most important benefit:

Chocolate tastes great and makes you feel happy
        ding ding ding ding WINNER!!!

Comment

i'm an unapologetic fan of 77% chocolove. not bitter enough for you? that's fine, i could eat this morning, noon and night (oh wait, i do).
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I just done an Iherb order for 88% chocolate. It was the darkest I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Chatty View Post
              Found Black & Green 85%, at Walmart for $2.79 each.
              found it at my wallyworld for 2.50...along with lindt 90% at the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                I just done an Iherb order for 88% chocolate. It was the darkest I could find.
                Check out Francois Pralus; he does a 100% bar, which tastes incredible. I used to order mine from France, which is just across the ocean from me, although I haven't eaten chocolate in about a year.

Comment

Chocolate has many health benefits that really needs by people. Chocolates are not only delicious in flavor but also they are delicious for our health in the sense that they help our health.

Last edited by Dwayne; 07-06-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for nice thread. Chocolate is really useful for people who suffer from depression and who want to balance their emotional state. It really helps me.

Last edited by Saravanovo; 07-05-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I usually buy Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate when it's on sale. I sometimes melt it and add almonds, pecans, unsweetened coconut, a bit of dried fruits from time to time, salt and cayenne pepper. Put it in the fridge for it to solidify and eat a piece a day afterwards. Yummy

Comment

Lindt 85 and 90 are my go-tos: quality, and go on sale frequently.

Comment

Chocolate bars... Dark and YUMMY!

Also... dutched cocoa powder (not bitter like regular)... phytic acid neutralized... suddenly a pretty good source of non-heme iron.
                          And totally DELICIOUS.
                          Win/WIN.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

My grandfather worked for Lindt so I buy Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa chocolate which is only 14g carbs for the whole 100g bar (not that I eat it all at once). The only other chocolate/cocoa stuff I buy is Hershey's unsweetened cocoa which is horribly expensive here. Just haven't been able to find unsweetened cocoa or unsweetened drinking chocolate at all in my local supermarkets

Comment

Chocolates are healthy and it contain many benefits for our healthy body. Some benefits are as under.
                              1. Chocolate is great antioxidant.
                              2. Chocolate lowers blood pressure.
                              3. Chocolate prevents from cancer.
                              4. Chocolate lowers cholesterol level.
                              5. Chocolate fights against tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                                85% green and blacks keeps me away from other sugars .. a square a day keeps the crap away!
                                Me too, love it, so hard to only eat 3 squares at a time haha.
                                -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Working...
                                X