Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoping there's a doc on here that can help me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok went to the free clinic, the doc there was super nice!
    I'm getting lab work done tomorrow for my liver, thyroid, and I forgot what the other one was, so hopefully we'll see some kind of fixable results!
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

Comment

I'm glad you saw the doctor. While waiting for results I would strongly recommend getting additional electrolytes. I would drink a large glass of water with sea salt in it and get some potassium and magnesium as well. Chicken broth with sea salt, coconut water, avocados, celery - anything with electrolytes. I would guess you are hyponatremic.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I had some beef broth today, I can have some chicken too. I also got a HUGE thing of coconut water and it feels SO good going into my body!
        Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
        - 1/12 - 171.4
        - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

My guess is orthostatic hypotension, but the cause could be a bunch of things. Electrolytes off, dehydration etc. Keep up the fluids and broths/coconut water.

Comment

my blood pressure was awesome lol
            Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
            - 1/12 - 171.4
            - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

Glad you got into a doc. I had similar trouble about a month the into primal and i wanted to lose weight. I found I.needed to drnki more water and i bought those little packs of EmergenC which has electrolytes and vitamins. I actually have to drink that when working out still otherwise I feel bad or get a headache.

I also needed to add way more carbs from fruits and sweet potatoes. Now I average around 100 to 120g of carbs in order to feel good. I didn't want to go up because I wanted to lose weight but I actually still am! Sure it may be a little slower but I would rather be healthy and feel better than feel horrible and lose weight fast.

Hope you get some answers and find what works for you!

Comment

Orthostatic hypotension is only when you stand up/get up. You're normatensive when sitting/laying down. If they only took your blood pressure in one position, you would have no idea if that's what's wrong.

ETA:
                Orthostatic hypotension, also known as postural hypotension,[1] orthostasis, and colloquially as head rush or dizzy spell, is a form of hypotension in which a person's blood pressure suddenly falls when standing up or stretching. The symptom is caused by blood pooling in the lower extremities upon a change in body position.

Dizziness
                Euphoria or dysphoria
                Bodily dissociation
                Distortions in hearing
                Lightheadedness
                Nausea
                Headache
                Blurred or dimmed vision (possibly to the point of momentary blindness)
                Generalized (or extremity) numbness/tingling and fainting
                Coat hanger pain (pain centered in the neck and shoulders)
                And in rare, extreme cases, vasovagal syncope (a specific type of fainting).
                Syncope
                Last edited by bionicsamm; 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

So glad you got seen by a doctor! KUP on the results!

Comment

Please write down everything you're eating so we have something to go on. We need more information. All meals all additives all snacks. 50 grams of protien shouldn't make you feel sick. What kind of protien are you eating? How many fats are you having, what kinds? What about supplements. Are you taking any minerals. Did you stop taking something. What types and times. The more information the better.

Comment

Ok so my 2 cents is, number one, water is definitely a must, BUT what a lot of people don't know is that if you drink too much water and don't replenish your electrolytes, you will actually continue feeling more and more thirsty!! Try to drink a smart water or something like it, I stay away from Gatorade , it has added sugar and is just plain pointless! If you want to get your electrolytes more naturally, try cutting up a cantaloupe and sprinkling a little salt on it!! It works wonders, oh and even more simple, take a shot of OJ with a lick of salt!! The other thing that I wanted to say is, when my son was very little, I was not working and lived in an apartment that was pretty secluded from anything and I didn't have any mother friends and I'm not the play date kinda person, I started having the same symptoms as you are experiencing, to. A. Tee!!! It turned out to be anxiety. I went from being a social butterfly before I had my son, with lots of friends and play time, to being alone 90 percent of the time!! Believe me it makes a difference!! I would suggest you get outside and get some sun at the park with your son today that will help tremendously!!! What also helped for me was taking one night a week that was for me!! I took pottery classes, rock climbing, or just went out with my hubby for a drink and an appetizer!! But get out and do some stuff!!! I don't know your situation, but if mine sounds familiar, take omega 3 and a B complex and get outside and start talking to more moms and doing some stuff for your self!!! Exercise is also amazing, at first it may make you feel not so good, but that will slowly change. Just start by talking more strolls outside!!! I hope this helps and sorry for the long post!!

Comment

I would imagine the transition from fruitarian to primal could be a hard adjustment and could put some stress on your system. How long were you a fruitarian? I agree it sounds like your electrolytes are off. Coconut water and eat fruits and veggies with a high water content. Potatoes and avocado for potassium and supplement with magnesium daily!

Comment

I should mention that I had been constipated since I started the leptin reset, tried milk of magnesia a couple days ago, pooped a few times yesterday, all liquidy stools,

Do not buy the laxative Milk of Magnesia that comes in a glass bottle placed on a shelf with other laxatives and fiber supplements. These are lab produced and the wrong kind of magnesium.
                          Buy Magnesium Citrate Capsules 400mg. They're cheap (around $10-15 per bottle) and will normalize your stools. You will get 90 capsules, taken 1 daily will last you 3 months, compared to the laxative Milk of Magnesia, where you drink an entire bottle of garbage for $5 a pop? And then deal with diarrhea.

Comment

Working...
                          X