Why does my fat hurt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunnivara View Post
    Well I think the OP was asking WHY cheating would cause fat, of all things, to hurt. Like, what's the physiology going on there?
    For me, when I cheat, I get joint and tendon pain. Inflammation can explain that. But what's going on with fat? Does fat get inflamed?
    Exactly!
    And if it's just water retention, then shouldn't everyone experience this? I can't be the only one who retains water.

Comment

Yeah, I retain water and it makes me sore in spots, mainly in the area I have lost the most fat in- my abdomen. I'll feel flabby and sore for a few days, then things tighten up and feel better. For me, it tends to be sore right before it leans out more. I've lost 26lbs in 6 months- and I think all of it has come from my abs. It's a cycle of sore, pebbly flab, then it tightens up and stops hurting and I see a loss, then it flabs up, gets pebbly, hurts, tightens up... repeat cycle....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Do you have mostly fat? I kid, I kid. It sounds like it's inflammation and fluid retention. If I have a beer or two, I have zero problems. If I go have a night out on the town with 5 or 6 really big, higher alcohol beers, then for a couple of days afterwards I'll have sore joints (inflammation) and in my particular case, I'll get really tight calves and a tight lower back, which is also due to inflammation. I've had problems with muscle tightness in my legs my entire life, mainly when I don't stretch enough as well as in my lower back.

Consuming things that are going to set off inflammation will almost always set off inflammation in our weakest areas in my opinion. The best way that I've found to combat fluid retention is to drink a TON of water. Whether you ate some Papa Johns, went out for drinks (or both), if you stay hydrated during and after those things you'll be better off the next day. If I drink 1 water for every 1 beer and drink 2 glasses of water with some Vitamin C before bed, I don't have a lot of issues the next day.

Comment

Hello. I was searching for an answer to this question and it lead here. Idk what ur situation is but when getting over muscle soreness it seems to go into fat and hurts worse. Was wondering if there were others or had this.

Comment

Skin and nerves overlie fat. It's likely hard to separate pain into different layers, but as fat is supported by muscles and tendons also, it might not be the fat that hurts, but the areas where fat is found. Anyway, the obvious answer is to avoid cheating, and drink lots of good water.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Maybe it's just water weight gain that stretches your skin and the stretching of the skin is what hurts.
              When I am gaining weight my fatty areas hurt as well, so this isn't all that isolated. I do think it has to do with retention and skin irritation. I am not sure though, but it has happened to me. Even water in the shower can bother me. I haven't had this in a while to that point though.

Comment

Working...
              X