Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man O Man...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man O Man...

    So I was explaining good and bad oils to a person at work today. This person would fall into the CW category. I get this link emailed to me...

    Good fats vs. bad fats | Fox News

    Dude. I don't even know where to begin...

    I just replied with... "Here is a real guide to oils.."

    The real guide
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

  • #2
    Save your breath~ some people just can't think for themselves.

    Comment


    • #3
      I love how the "Con" for coconut oil is: "Has a strong taste." Ummmm...?
      Results Pics:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

      Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

      Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

      iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mandolin View Post
        I love how the "Con" for coconut oil is: "Has a strong taste." Ummmm...?
        Goes right along with the "Hard to find in stores" con for lard.
        Gamer. Powerlifter. Trekkie. Yogi.

        Comment


        • #5
          every single thing about that article pisses me off, but perhaps nothing pisses me off so much as the grouping of saturated fat with trans fat, as if they're the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            Don't instantly judge (as the people replying to you have). To your coworker you basically said "what you read was false, but here, read what I did because it's true." Don't give up on him just yet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by primalkyle View Post
              Don't instantly judge (as the people replying to you have). To your coworker you basically said "what you read was false, but here, read what I did because it's true." Don't give up on him just yet.
              So, humans lived what, a million years before the invention of 'heart healthy' vegetable oils? And yet didn't keel over at a young age with heart disease from eating all that saturated animal fat. Imagine that. Like I said, some people can't think for themselves.

              Comment


              • #8
                Meh, I've come around to the idea that some people just can't be helped. I have been told that you can plant a seed, but it will grow in its own time (perhaps in my kids movie KungFu Panda?). Sorry to get all zen on you, but I think its an apt way to take these sort of things. And yes, I get all of my life guiding philosophies from cartoons, as should we all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't even bother with oils any more. I use coconut oil for meat, butter for vegetables, and plain lemon juice for salad.
                  5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nady View Post
                    So, humans lived what, a million years before the invention of 'heart healthy' vegetable oils? And yet didn't keel over at a young age with heart disease from eating all that saturated animal fat. Imagine that. Like I said, some people can't think for themselves.
                    Yes, some people need to be guided...so guide away. Don't expect someone to change their view just because the article you show them says something different than the article they read. Most people just read something and pass it along. Tell them the site to come to, tell them the books to read, tell them what you've learned in your research.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As someone who just converted to Primal, I know how hard it can be to let go of CW and trust in the Primal way. It's not for everyone and it's really difficult for some to be open minded about it. I would answer questions and give info when asked or when the conversation arises, but don't force it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by primalkyle View Post
                        Yes, some people need to be guided...so guide away. Don't expect someone to change their view just because the article you show them says something different than the article they read. Most people just read something and pass it along. Tell them the site to come to, tell them the books to read, tell them what you've learned in your research.
                        Or be a good example. "Wow, dude, you look great! How'd you do it?" "Well, I did a lot of research, looking for what works and what doesn't work. I found this healthy way of eating & moving, based on how people ate & moved before Pop Tarts and treadmills. Check it out!"


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PrimalPotter View Post
                          Or be a good example. "Wow, dude, you look great! How'd you do it?" "Well, I did a lot of research, looking for what works and what doesn't work. I found this healthy way of eating & moving, based on how people ate & moved before Pop Tarts and treadmills. Check it out!"
                          Exactly! Encourage people to educate themselves, don't condemn them just because they read a report that conflicts with the report you read. Inform them!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I actually went into his office (after the email correspondence) and I find him verifying the saturated fat content in his margarine. "Look, it only has 1 gram of saturated fat" he exclaims.

                            Some other great qoutes:
                            "Oh, you cook with REAL butter???"
                            "I don't eat the skin of chicken because of calories" (yet eats a huge cinnamon role for breakfast, or hostess crumb donuts)
                            "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mogs View Post
                              Goes right along with the "Hard to find in stores" con for lard.
                              I can't find real lard in stores so I have to render my own. All the lard I find has transfats in it to give it longer shelf life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X