Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really true???

HWC contains NO lactose?????

That means zero blood sugar swings, right??

I have had to swear off full fat greek yoghurt and milk for this reason because it causes my blood sugars to swing high and crash and I have full force cravings.

So is it true???

Thanks!!!

MIchele

I have no idea what HWC is but why don't you try it and see if it causes cravings. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Comment

IDK~ getting different answers Does Heavy Cream Have Lactose? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Comment

It is not true that HWC (heavy whipping cream) contains NO lactose.
        Even butter contains a very small amount....

However, the amount it does contain is pretty low... much less than the FF Greek yoghurt or milk.
        Note that if you taste a spoon of HWC and then a bit of unsalted butter,the cream tastes sweeter... that's lactose, milk sugar.
        There are people who are very lactose intolerant who cannot consume HWC due to the lactose.

However, it SHOULD be so minimal that it does not cause crashes... if used moderately.
        Last edited by cori93437; 04-20-2012, 11:09 AM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

You mean heavy whipping cream (HWC) or cream?
          The rule of thumb is the higher the fat content, the less the lactose content. So heavy cream will have less lactose than whole milk. I think there is still some lactose but it is minimal. I am not sure what the amount is.

Comment

Heavy Whipping cream sorry.

So do you think it would cause wild blood sugar swings????

Thanks!!

Comment

Cream shouldn't cause wild blood sugar swings. What are you planning on doing with it? Drinking a glass of it? Making a sauce? Drizzling some over fresh berries? Mainlining it?
              The more I see the less I know for sure.
              -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                Cream shouldn't cause wild blood sugar swings. What are you planning on doing with it? Drinking a glass of it? Making a sauce? Drizzling some over fresh berries? Mainlining it?
                This... ^^^

If in doubt get a blood glucose monitor and give it a test run.

As I stated earlier, it SHOULD NOT cause crashes... nor wild swings...

When I put a spoon of it whipped up into my mouth it does make my eyelashes flutter a bit however. Heh.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post

Putting it in coffee yum!!!!

Comment

Do it
                    carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigal View Post
                      Putting it in coffee yum!!!!
                      My husband is a type 1 diabetic, and always uses HWC in his coffee. No perceptible blood sugar change.
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

I'm both lactose intolerant and allergic to casein, but I can have a serving or two of HWC daily (usually at Starbucks, and they probably do add some sugar to theirs) . I'm not very prone to blood sugar swings though.
                        I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                        Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                        "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

You guys are awesome!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X