Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when tracking... what carbs do you count?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when tracking... what carbs do you count?

just wondering if you count all carbs including stuff in vegetables and fruit?
    Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015, 04:46 PM.

Starchy vegetables and fruits, yes. Leafy vegetables, no, because the carb content is negligible and I doubt I'd eat enough of them in one day to ruin my diet were I aiming for ketosis.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I started using Fit Day to track my food, activities and weight. Been doing it for almost a month, and it's been helpful to me to control my intake (I've got a bunch of weight to lose). It's free, easy and does all the calculations for you. It's helped me make some minor modifications to my intake, and this month I've dropped 19 lbs so far!

Comment

ok cool thanks. im using cronometer.

Comment

I do not count non-starchy veges or berries. Or the carbs in cheese(but I eat a few ounces daily at most. If I was a total cheese fiend, I would have to count.), cream, or seafood. I DO count for starchy veges, other fruits, nuts, and any non-primal extras. This keeps me honest without turning every meal into a crazy counting game.

Comment

40p 40f 20c

Comment

ive been aiming for 200grm protein, 100-200g fat, and 30-50grm carbs

Comment

Under PB standard, count all carbs, even fiber.

I only count fructose, when I can be bothered to count.
                Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by destructalux View Post
                  ive been aiming for 200grm protein, 100-200g fat, and 30-50grm carbs. is this ridiculously messed up?
                  Why so low on the carbs? Lower is not always mean more weight loss in that department.
                  Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I ballpark glucose only to make sure I eat enough. I don't count fructose or fiber.

ETA: Most veg except root veg are barely worth factoring in for glucose. I do factor in milk and yoghurt for glucose (inc galactose).
                    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 04-20-2012, 08:13 AM. Reason: ETA
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I no longer count carbs- I either eat em or I don't. Several days a week I eat very primally, high fat & no carbs at all.

Comment

Originally posted by destructalux View Post
                        ive been aiming for 200grm protein, 100-200g fat, and 30-50grm carbs. is this ridiculously messed up?
                        If you are doing that high fat and protein you must be doing a lot of workouts? Everyone is different but depending on activity level I go up to 150 sometimes.. but that is typically my cutoff point. 100 is a cutoff for a less active day. I don't really pay too much attention after awhile you just get an idea of what you are eating.

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
                          Why so low on the carbs? Lower is not always mean more weight loss in that department.
                          i figured it did as it seems to be one of the recurring things in the book. maybe i need to read it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X