2 1/2 weeks in, too early for IF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 1/2 weeks in, too early for IF?

Is IF something that I can try now without totally messing myself up? I would like to skip breakfast and see how I feel, because I'm not always hungry in the morning but I make myself eat most of the time anyway because I'm breastfeeding and I work out in the mornings. But I wonder how I would do without the morning meal.....
    I just don't want to throw myself into "starvation mode", kwim?

Also, if I have my coffee in the morning with coconut milk, is that considered breaking the fast? I'm not ready to give up my morning coffee just yet, lol!!

Go for it! I breastfed and IF'd no problem, just listen to your body. You will not go into starvation mode, that takes days of fasting.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
      Go for it! I breastfed and IF'd no problem, just listen to your body. You will not go into starvation mode, that takes days of fasting.
      Awesome!! Thanks!

Comment

I started IF before I even read about it, just happened naturally after a few months eating primal. I believe your body has to switch to efficiently burning fat before the fasts become effortless. I now skip breakfast every day and lunch 2 times a week and feel great and have been losing fat.
        SW on 10/1/11: 380lbs.
        CW 12/13/12: 315lbs. (Was under 300#, added some muscle :-) )
        GW: 10% B.F. 250lbs. - 275lbs. (6' 4" tall)

Comment

Working...
        X