Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this unhealthy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is this unhealthy?

    The only chocolate I eat is lindt 99%. but when I eat it (which is about 3x a week) I eat the entire bar (50g). Is this bad?

    Ingredients:
    Cacao mass, cacao, cacao butter, brown sugar.

    Nutrition:
    calories : 270
    fat: 25 g
    Cholesterol: 0 g
    sodium: 150 mg
    carbs: 4 g
    sugar: 1 g
    protein: 7 g

    That's for the whole bar

  • #2
    That's the whole bar? The portion sizes listed on most of the dark chocolate I eat is between 160 and 250 calories, at around 40g, and the whole bar is usually 100g. In and of itself, I'd say its not unhealthy, nor are the calories excessive. However, this is relative to the quantity and quality of the rest of your diet. I average around 2200 calories a day, and go with a half-serving of dark chocolate (~20g), usually with some fresh berries (~100g)and/or 5oz red wine. Since you are doing it every other day, it averages out to about the same as me, so I certianly wouldn't consider it unhealthy. As long as it isn't interfering with your goals, I'd call it a reasonable indulgence.
    Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and youre not in this world to live up to mine. ―Bruce Lee


    2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

    Comment


    • #3
      It's fine.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd rather eat tree bark
        Primal since March 2011

        Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

        Comment


        • #5
          If thats the whole bar looks good....I usually do 85% so I probably would not do a whole bar of that.

          Comment


          • #6
            No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
              No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
              I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Whatyoudoing View Post
                I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste
                Wow your friend growing up never convinced you to try it? They must have looked at you like you were crazy
                Primal since March 2011

                Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.
                    My mother never tried to convince me of anything, she just radomly said one day "I don't like candy" and so I never took it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.
                      I just pictured a tot in a suit walking up to a podium then clearing his throat and shuffling some documents in preparation for a debate.


                      " I respect your opinion father, but I must disagree. If we look at the chart in figure 3 we can clearly see that if I don't get candy, the chance of you being miserable increases exponentially until nap time, at which point the chance drops off dramatically."
                      Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

                      In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.


                      I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

                      SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                      CW: 180 pounds

                      Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X