Primal Restaurants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Restaurants

It's not an ideal place for Grok but sometimes when I am with my friends it is inevitable and I'd like to know some of the more primal options. Chipotle is the only one I can think of. I live in NYC if anyone knows any local restaurants.

I'm getting this at "In and Out"

I always ask this way because it turned to be the easiest way and less confusion

Two Double Meat Protein Burger, No Cheese, No Sauce, Yes for Onions and "Animal Style" that means the onions are grilled.

This should cost you $5.20

If I'm really hungry I get a Triple Meat instead of Double. That will run for $7 something

If it's not, there is a mistake.

Totally Paleo/Primal. Skip the tomatoes for hardcore Paleo

Comment

I like places where you pick the ingredients and they grill it, like a Mongolian bbq. Then I can pick the meat and veggies and whatever seasoning that i want.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
      Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
      I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Most chain restaurants will gladly omit/substitute various items on various dishes.

Mimi's Cafe is one that I know to be very primal-friendly in this way. I will usually get an omelet and substitute the potatoes/muffin for sausage links or bacon

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

haven't been there yet due to the expensive cost but,

Texas de Brazil seems totally primal.

All you can eat salad bar (which is HUGE) and all you can eat meat (pretty much any normal meat you can think of).

It'll hurt the wallet though. I think it's somewhere around 50-100 per person.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

semper ad meliora

Comment

If there's a Texas Roadhouse they've got some nicely Primal options. Steakhouses are always a good bet.

Comment

I second the Texas Roadhouse. They have awesome steaks plus the sweet potatoes minus the goop they pile on. I love the steakhouse option myself.

I've recently learned the Mongolian BBQ's are a great place myself recently. Pile on the protein, add the veggies and then add those oils/fats!!!

Comment

I splurged on lunch today at FuddRuckers. 2/3 pound burger minus bread with guacamole, mushrooms, bacon, tomatoes and onions. tastee! <burp>

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Comment

fidelity- You live in NYC? There are thousands of restaurants, all over the place, perfectly willing to take your money to feed you the way you want.

I went to a restaurant the other night where I had mussels, and a filete mignon with hollandase sauce, with a side of spinich. I just asked them to leave out the potato.

Any place that serves steak, fish, chickens... Man, I ain&#39;t lyin&#39; NYC is a GREAT place to be Primal.

Comment

I&#39;m guessing Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian restaurant. I love those!! HUUUUGE salad bar and they bring different meats around to you. PARADISE! Always really expensive though

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Awww man, that reminds me of this absolutely incredible brazilian steakhouse near my office. Lunch there is very pricey at around $30 a head, but it&#39;s all you can stuff down your gullet, and *very good*. The house special is filet medallions and I can suck those things down like *edit* crazy! lol.

They also have some bacon-wrapped items that are just to die for.

Great. Now I&#39;m craving it...

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Comment

Mexican food restaurant- Carne Guisada if prepped without potatos, Carne Asada, fajitas, and Menudo (if you find the right joint, it&#39;s very primal friendly). All of this is assumed to be ordered sans tortillas, rice, beans, etc.

Steakhouses- Go nuts- just ask for a salad of veggies instead of whatever version of potato they bring you.

Japanese steakhouse- They&#39;ll gladly cook whatever it is without sauce and add extra veggies for you.

By far the most primal friendly restaurant I&#39;ve been to was a local hibachi grill. I got chicken and calamari and they cooked it absolutely perfectly. Even asked me whether or not the sake and oil they used to cook with were ok. I asked them for no rice and extra veggies and got a heap of veggies 3 times as large as anyone else.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

the bandito burrito up the road from us serves a shell-less burrito in a container. i just omit the rice and beans. instead of lettuce they use cabbage in their burritos. so i get a great burrito salad. i went to a steakhouse tonight with some friends, ordered the 20oz ribeye rare and let my friends choose the sides and ate only the delicious meaty goodness.

Comment

Ted&#39;s Montana Grill is another place to check out, but, yes, NYC has some of the best steakhouses in the country. I never have a problem finding primal options.

Comment

If I had money and slightly bigger balls I would open a primal restaruant.

I can picture it now: apart from the table-and-chairs setup for normal people, there&#39;d be open-air rooms with themes like savannah, rainforest, etc. where you&#39;d lounge on the "ground" while eating. And a couple times a week we&#39;d have candlelight storytelling sessions by professionals, and the rest of the time some kind of live, soothing ambient flute and drum kind of music instead of Top 40.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                              X