• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprouted corn tortillas

how bad are they?

thanks
    J

Sprouted organic, non-GMO corn is probably not horrible for most people now and then. However, many people who are gluten sensitive also react to a similar prolamine in corn called zein. So if you're having chronic health issues and/or autoimmunity, I'd avoid it altogether. If you've got a healthy gut and are doing alright with your blood sugar and all, then I don't see the big deal. I wouldn't make it part of my daily diet, though.

Personally, though, if I'm going to eat something unhealthy, a tortilla just isn't that compelling. I'd want something really freakin awesome.
    Last edited by DaisyEater; 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

4 oz of cream cheese with some egg white (depending on how thin you want your batter), zooped in a blender will create batter that is suitable for making thin crepes that are great for wraps and creps etc.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I love sprouted corn tortillas! with chicken, peppers, onions, and salsa verde, can't be beat! make it your 20%, corn can be funny.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!

Comment

About every other week I buy a pack of sprouted corn tortillas from Whole Foods Market; can't remember the brand. They are freakin' awesome, and definitely worth being part of my 20%. I fry them in palm oil and top with grass-fed ground beef mixed with mexican seasonings, fresh salsa, and guacamole. Mmm, mmm good.

Comment

I'm going to have that for dinner tonight!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X