MiO water enhancer question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiO water enhancer question

would this be allowed while on Primal diet?

http://www.drinkwhat.com/mio-liquid-water-enhancer/

You're allowed 20% theoretically, so sure, why not? It's certainly no more harmful than sugary drinks.

I admit to a weakness with an occasional Crystal Light myself.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I've seen that stuff at 7-11 before, it looks pretty intense for water flavor. I probably would be sick from the taste/additives, but I am curious about the taste and don't know anyone who has tried it-- if you drink it, it'd be interesting to hear your review.
      Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
      Friend me on "The Facebook"
      Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

I don't know about the regular flavored, not having tried them myself, but the caffeine-enhanced ones taste like regurgitated stomach acid.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I don't think that falls into 20%, I think that falls into stay the hell away from
          I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Looks like a delicious chemical soup.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

"Propylene Glycol, less than 2% of natural flavor, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Perservative). "

Oh yum. :/

I think I'll stick to my-O iced tea.
              "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

This stuff has more nasty chemicals in it than should be allowed by the FDA! Read the comments at the end of this review to get an idea how bad it is! Foodette Reviews: MiO Liquid Water Enhancer
                Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
                Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
                Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

I like nuun. I got some off amazon. Nuun
                  Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
                  Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
                  More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
                  LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
                  Play more!

Comment

Originally posted by denasqu View Post
                    "Propylene Glycol, less than 2% of natural flavor, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Perservative). "

Oh yum. :/

I think I'll stick to my-O iced tea.
                    wow, absolutely nothing REAL! those labels blow my mind. ... well, I guess < 2% real stuff... but statistically, that's nothing
                    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                    Friend me on "The Facebook"
                    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Considering that primal is supposed to be natural, unprocessed, additive free and chemical free, I'm going to go with NO.

"The ingredients for Mango Peach includes: Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citrict Acid, Contains less than 2% of natural flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium(Sweeteners), Potassium citrate, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Perservative). The ingredient for Peach Tea includes: Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citrict Acid, Contains less than 2% of natural flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium citrate, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Perservative)."

The ingredients in an unsweetened Koolaid packet are less offensive.
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Yikes, I'd rather drink pure sugar water than mess with that stuff.
                        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                        CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

I did drink Karo corn syrup right out of the bottle when I was a kid.

No wonder I'm so messed up.
                          "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

Radical concept, I guess, but if you want fruit-flavored water, why not just pour some fruit juice into some water? I mostly drink it plain these days, apart from bubbles, but an ounce or two of 100% juice turns it into fruit soda without adding much sugar.
                            6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                            ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by boxcarguy07 View Post
                              I don't think that falls into 20%, I think that falls into stay the hell away from
                              +1

This drink is full of toxins. Why would you want to put something like that into your body? Drink water. If you absolutely *have* to have flavor, add a little lemon juice, or even a tiny bit of honey. Adding pure sugar would be better than the artificial crap in this drink.

Comment

Working...
                              X