No announcement yet.

Is there any bread that's good for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any bread that's good for you?

i did search on here. found some almond bread recipies then found conflicting opinions.
    Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015, 04:49 PM.

I make my own bread with almond meal. I only make 2-4 slices at a time as I don't eat it very often but if you would like the recipe I will post for you :-)

Comment

Yep

Comment

Country life make a few good gluten free breads with Rice and tapica flour. It's pretty good stuff. Almond meal is pretty high in Omega 6 and can oxidise when heated. And it tends to taste pretty nasty for bread, imo.
        Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-15-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Sweet, cheers.

Comment

If I were going to start eating bread again, I would choose homemade, long-fermented sourdough bread. The fermentation process reduces some of the anti-nutrients. I would eat it with good quality butter.
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Possibly Ezekiel? Not primal, but likely better than most store-bought bread.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
                Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                Friend me on "The Facebook"
                Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ASmallOne View Post
                  In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
                  this sounds like the kinda thing i'm after... got any favourite recipies?

Comment

I'm not much of one for recipes, since I'm allergic to everything, but here's how I cook it:

Stovetop Thymus

realize I was being completely sarcastic about the bread thing here... it's literally two glands, usually from veal, with very misleading nominclature.
                    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                    Friend me on "The Facebook"
                    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Almond meal bread recipe as follows: (makes 2 slices)

* 3 tablespoons almond meal
                      * 1 tablespoon LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds) - If you don't have you can just add another tablespoon of almond meal
                      * 25g butter (melted)
                      * 1 egg
                      * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all ingredients together. Place the mixture in a square shaped tuppaware container (that you store sandwiches in). Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes then turn out onto a board and slice lengthwise to make 2 slices of bread. Just repeat if you require more slices :-).
                      I might only have 2 slices a week with runny eggs as I hate runny yolk on it's on with nothing to mop it up with!

Hope this helps ;-)

Comment

Thanks Tarnip. sounds great!

Comment

Your very welcome :-)

Comment

If you want your mom to slowly go into a better eating, I would just start her on the whole foods idea, and if she doesn't eat much bread, and doesn't have gluten problem, sprout-grain bread might work. Later, she can start working in either nut meals or gluten free breads with rice flour and starches mix (potato starch and tapioca). I use this mix for pancakes, pop-overs and pie shells for my folks.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Yes, there is a "bread" that's good for you. Meatloaf

Originally posted by TARNIP View Post
                              I make my own bread with almond meal. I only make 2-4 slices at a time as I don't eat it very often but if you would like the recipe I will post for you :-)
                              I would honestly rather eat good sourdough wheat bread for a lot of reasons. I think it's healthier than nut meal bread. Especially if it has flaxseed/linseed in it. Baked flaxseed/linseed has an industrial name - varnish. I'd rather eat wheat than varnish, and a bread made of ground almonds and flaxseed/linseed closely resembles industrial chemicals on a molecular level. That is a lot of oxidized omega 3/6.

Linseed oil is a "drying oil", as it can polymerize into a solid form. Due to its polymer-forming properties, linseed oil is used on its own or blended with other oils, resins, and solvents as an impregnator and varnish in wood finishing, as a pigment binder in oil paints, as a plasticizer and hardener in putty and in the manufacture of linoleum.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linseed_oil
                              Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM.
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                              X