Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready to order some books, can you advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to order some books, can you advice?

I have been working on this for months now. Having success. I am just still confused about so many things, and when I come here to search, many answers to other posters are "read the book!" haha

Okay so, I have these loaded in my Cart. Would you get them all or where would you start, what order to read them?

PB
    PB 21-day transformation
    Why we get fat
    Good calories/Bad calories
    Wheat Belly

TIA!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PB/Wheat Belly/Paleo Diet/ 21 day (if you need help getting kick started... PB has a lot more reason why, and 21 is more how)
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I prefer the PB book over the 21-day transformation bust just because I like to read a topic in it's "full" form. Granted, if you are looking to "jump start" your journey and looking for concentrated info, by all means read and follow the 21-day transformation. You can't go wrong starting with either. Once you get into the groove then start checking out the other books.
      Primal Journal of a Filipino Cherokee Grok
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53103.html

SAD weight: 250
      Current Primal weight: 183.2

Comment

PB
        The Great Cholesterol Con
        The Fat loss Bible
        Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
        Wheat Belly

Those 5 will give you pretty much everything you need. NaPD is especially interesting in my opinion.
        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
        CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

OH thanks y'all!! That helps the shopping cart look better, but also I don't feel so overwhelmed with all these to read

Okay, that means I am .35 cents short for free shipping, so I guess I need to order 3 of them Maybe the Why we Get Fat?

Comment

Just pick one fro "why we get fat" and "GCBC". GCBC is more background science and why we get fat is a quick easy read.

Comment

The Great Cholesterol Con - oh geesh, need that too. Having a hard time convincing DH to give up morning oatmeal and have eggs instead.

The Fat Loss Bible - looks great also!

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration - looks good as well

Comment

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                The Great Cholesterol Con - oh geesh, need that too. Having a hard time convincing DH to give up morning oatmeal and have eggs instead.

The Fat Loss Bible - looks great also!

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration - looks good as well
                I think TGCC and TFLB are available as e-books, so they can be had for cheap at a later date if money is tight.
                Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Thank you for all the info.

I had not heard of these other books. I have saved them for later. Not so much a money issue as time issue. I hate to read as a rule (things like novels) so I dont read books just for the enjoyment of reading (I just dont enjoy it) but I love to read articles or magazines - or the internet - where I can learn new things, so I am certain I will dig into these since they are filled with information and knowledge, but I don't want to overload myself.

I am thinking PB, PB21, and Why we Get fat

Thanks for all your guidance

Comment

The omnivores dilemma
                    The perfect health diet
                    The diet Cure
                    The fat loss bible

Comment

my own recommendations would be:

Perfect Health Diet (Jaminet & Jaminet)
                      In Defense of Food (Michael Pollan)
                      Know Your Fats (Mary Enig)

and i suppose you have to get the original Primal Blueprint, right?!

one thing to note from recommendations above - you'll find that The Fat Loss Bible is at odds with Why We Get Fat, and the latter half of GCBC. amazingly so. i go with anthony colpo on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                        my own recommendations would be:

Perfect Health Diet (Jaminet & Jaminet)
                        In Defense of Food (Michael Pollan)
                        Know Your Fats (Mary Enig)

and i suppose you have to get the original Primal Blueprint, right?!

one thing to note from recommendations above - you'll find that The Fat Loss Bible is at odds with Why We Get Fat, and the latter half of GCBC. amazingly so. i go with anthony colpo on this one...
                        True, Colpo and Taubes do tend to mix like oil and water, at least when it comes to carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by @lex View Post
                          True, Colpo and Taubes do tend to mix like oil and water, at least when it comes to carbs.
                          Oh good, more confusion

I ended up ordering PB, PB-21, Why we Get Fat. That should get me started. I havent heard of all these others but hope to get to them all, or most

Comment

I still like Primal Body, Primal Mind, though I know it's not everyone's favorite.

I would read (in this order):

Primal Blueprint (unless you want a quicker version, then PB 21 Day Transformation)
                            Paleo Solution
                            Wheat Belly (the snarkiness is a bit off-putting, but good info)
                            Primal Body, Primal Mind
                            Durp.

Comment

My books arrived today! So excited. I gardened/landscaped in my yard today, Grok would have been proud - so I am looking forward to a soak in the tub with a good book. (oh geesh, hoping long soaks in the tub are still okay - I guess I will find out )

Comment

Working...
                              X