• Show
Clear All

• A day worth of food in pictures

Breakfast (3 eggs): http://i.imgur.com/U17et.jpg
    Snack: http://i.imgur.com/M0fMM.jpg
    Lunch (fish): http://i.imgur.com/rMPmk.jpg
    Dinner (chicken): http://i.imgur.com/tBeu1.jpg
    Evening snack (honey and yogurt): http://i.imgur.com/v87Ay.jpg

What do you guys think? What should I improve or change?

Looks good as far as types of food. If fat loss is your goal, cut out the snacking.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Looks delicous and nutritious! I wouldnt worry unless you are trying to lose weight and plateauing for 3 weeks.
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

In the interest of making it easy on people so they don't have to click links...

Comment

looks delicious, but a little light on the protein to me.

2 eggs - 12 grams protein
          4 oz fish > - 20 grams
          6 oz chicken - 27 grams

So maybe that's about 59 grams of protein, so unless your total bodyweight is 80 lbs or so, methinks you need more protein.

Comment

My serving sizes are like 4x yours. XD
            But I eat once a day usually.

I dig your granite countertops.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

hey, you're lesharus on r/paleo! i'm snakeojakeo. i like it on r/paleo, and i like it here too!

Comment

Wheres the beef! Just playin. Looks good. My asparagus is coming in now too. Just had a bunch of it with like a half pound of bacon for dinner last night

Comment

Originally posted by tswei99 View Post

4 oz fish > - 20 grams
                  6 oz chicken - 27 grams

So maybe that's about 59 grams of protein, so unless your total bodyweight is 80 lbs or so, methinks you need more protein.
                  Protein could be on the low side.

However, there are 3 eggs not 2. There's also protein in the yoghurt, although that looks like a small portion, and the vegetables and avocados have significant protein too. I'd say that's at least another 20 g to add to the total.

Looks pretty good though. Mark recommends eating some some sulphurous vegetables every day, but perhaps you are eating them most days. Hard to tell how much variety you're getting from just one day's intake.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

4 oz fish > - 20 grams
                    6 oz chicken - 27 grams

thanks for the tip, my weight is 180 and I'm thinking about starting a muscle building program so was going to alter some things to up the protein intake to 1g per 1 lb and I was hoping that chicken and fish is more protein than you stated, but I guess it's hard to say how big it is from the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Wheres the beef! Just playin. Looks good. My asparagus is coming in now too. Just had a bunch of it with like a half pound of bacon for dinner last night
                      the beef is there on some days, this is just a sample, fish and chicken is usually substituted with variety of animal protein sources

Comment

Looks great.

What is that to the left of the chicken?

Comment

4 oz fish > - 20 grams
                          6 oz chicken - 27 grams

God, there must be something wrong with me, because as I was looking at your plates of food, all I thought was "wow, I could eat twice that much!!"

Comment

looks delicious, but i agree with the "low protein" assessment. i eat quite a bit more protein than that, and i'm at least 45 lbs lighter.
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

It all looks tasty!

I try to avoid eating fruit on its own. I have fruit with a meal, or as part of a snack which also includes some protein and fat, to avoid insulin spikes and crashes. But then again, I don't deal with sugars too well.

Because I want to get rid of carbs cravings and eat more protein, I have been making protein snacks: I love nibbling on smoked fatty fish (wild smoked salmon is expensive, but mackerel isn't): portable, full of energy and delicious. A shrimp salad with leaves of your choice, some veg and avocado and/or a little olive-oil dressing is also nice for a snack. You could also make egg muffins by baking a batter made of beaten eggs and a bit of coconut milk in the oven with leftover veg and cooked meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X