Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detox/Cleanse suggestions

Hello Forum!!!

I've been thinking about doing some form of detox but unsure where to start.
    My body has had it tough the last year. I developed gastritis after I started primal last August, and I've had 2 miscarriages in the last 4 months. Although I have returned to normal activities (crossfit 3-4/week) and planning on a 5K at the end of the month, I just don't feel right. I feel that I need to find that reset button so I get back on track.

A friend of mine is a Beachbody Independent Coach and he informed me that they just came out with this "Ultimate Reset Cleanse" kit that's designed to return your body to "factory default". It looks interesting but the price tag is mighty hefty.

So my question for you kind folks... any suggestions on a detox program or some form of cleanse?

Thanks you kindly!!!

Primal with only organic local produce and grass fed free range meat is plenty cleansing.

Personally I go with a couple VLC days as a sort of cleanse, and if your having gastritis I highly recommend it.

Comment

what is VLC?

Comment

VLC= Very Low Carb
        $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

I'm a Beachbody coach, too, and will not be doing that cleanse. Cleanses are at best useless, and at worst, harmful. Do yourself a favor and step away from the quick fix and do a very low carb, very high veggie whole 30. You'll feel better.
          Christine
          Wag more, bark less

Comment

You may also want to consider doing some IF (intermittent fasting).
            Primal Journal of a Filipino Cherokee Grok
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53103.html

SAD weight: 250
            Current Primal weight: 183.2

Comment

You could look into the SCD/GAPS and do the induction phase for a couple weeks. Lots of bone broth, meat, eggs, well cooked veggies and fruit. Gives your digestive track a chance to heal. Here is the directions for introduction diet for GAPS.

INTRODUCTION DIET

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Primal with only organic local produce and grass fed free range meat is plenty cleansing.

Personally I go with a couple VLC days as a sort of cleanse, and if your having gastritis I highly recommend it.
                couldn't agree more. most of those commercial juice cleanses are ridiculous. staying primal is the key, and a maintenance day of ketosis or fasting is a great thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                X