No announcement yet.

too much fat??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatty cuts of meat will be more than 60% fat by calories, so start by choosing good fatty bone in cuts of meat. From there it pretty much falls into place. I probably eat about 65% of my calories/day from fat without even trying to "add it in".

Comment

Originally posted by acass View Post
      I guess basically my question is what are the healthiest sources of fats and how many grams or nuts
      would be ok in a day?
      Your best sources of fats are grass-fed beef, butter and cream, pastured chickens, eggs and pork and cold water fish. You are trying to do this vegetarian. You will not succeed.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Koda65 View Post
        Any opinions on this article. It's saying high fats are linked to color cancers etc

Refined carbohydrates and excess fats may drive the insulin gene in colon cells to promote cancer : Disease Proof
        Really? This is your first post here?
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Fatty cuts of meat will be more than 60% fat by calories, so start by choosing good fatty bone in cuts of meat. From there it pretty much falls into place. I probably eat about 65% of my calories/day from fat without even trying to "add it in".

I have been keeping track so that I can gauge how much I eat over time and on average I was surprised to find out that I eat 60% from fat....with no nuts....and as you say "without even trying." Amazingly I am getting leaner.
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by XGrains View Post
            Most nuts are very high in Omega-6 and very low in Omega-3. So consuming lots of nuts will put this ratio out of balance.
            flaxseed though is very high in omega 3!
            I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Comment

omega 3/6 chart

Originally posted by Rattybag View Post
              yes, it is. here's a link to the omega 3 and 6 contents in various foods, if anyone is interested.

personally i'd rather eat a bunch of salmon, but that's me.
              Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
              Friend me on "The Facebook"
              Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattybag View Post
                ALA is the worst type of O3, though. Not very useable, and very prone to oxidation.
                Lifting Journal

Comment

Working...
                X