milk is filtered cow's blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milk is filtered cow's blood

Picked up Loren Cordain's Paleo book yesterday at the health food store and landed on a page that says that milk is filtered cow's blood.
    The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young - Loren Cordain - Google Books

Comments, thoughts?

milk is delicious filtered blood
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

If milk is blood, consider me a vampire
      this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

There are a lot of statement in there that I take issue with. All the info about the hormones and enzymes surviving digesting or even pasteurization seem questionable to me. I'd like to see evidence/references showing that bovine enzymes consumed in milk function outside the GI tract of humans.

Personally, I do better with no dairy and I think dairy can be an issue for lots of women who want to lose weight. But I find this kind of writing to be unconvincing. Describing it as filtered cow blood just seems like a scare tactic. Meat could be described as solidified cow blood if you really wanted to.
        Last edited by jammies; 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM.
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

And what might be wrong with consuming cows blood?
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

That's BS. By the way, have you seen Cordain lately? Doesn't appear to be the picture of health.

Comment

A.
              Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              milk is delicious filtered blood
              B.
              Originally posted by peril View Post
              And what might be wrong with consuming cows blood?
              , it's very nutritious!

Assuming that any of that might be true... see A., and then see B.

That is all.

Also See what PMAC said... it's bunk. Those two bodily liquids actually have surprisingly little in common... other than being made through bodily processes... as is/was your ENTIRE body. Geez.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Human breastmilk is made from the nutrients in human blood. It's just the biological process. They have even (terrifyingly, imo) genetically modified cows to make milk with the same nutrients and fat content as human milk.

Comment

Yes, I was just going to point out that I fed my two kids my own blood for a year each.
                  Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                  SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                  2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Maybe it technically is. And when it comes from happy properly cared for cows it is absolutely delicious. Just had some and damn it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                      Yes, I was just going to point out that I fed my two kids my own blood for a year each.
                      do they have an aversion to sunlight? holy objects? garlic? sharp pieces of wood?

VAMPIRES!

and cori.. i think i love you haha
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        do they have an aversion to sunlight? holy objects? garlic? sharp pieces of wood?

VAMPIRES!
                        One does have rather pale skin...
                        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

oh my... O.O
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

all bodily fluids are carried via the blood....and dropped off where they are needed or ready for discard like urine.

Comment

Originally posted by jem51 View Post
                              all bodily fluids are carried via the blood....and dropped off where they are needed or ready for discard like urine.
                              Seems how veins and arteries are some of the main plumbing of the body.

Comment

Working...
                              X